Plex and VIZIO!

Started by Lazybones, October 15, 2014, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

https://blog.plex.tv/2014/10/15/plex-vizio/

Looks like the plex team has been busy.

Also I noted that Futureshop started carrying Visio TVs, although I don't think they are the higher end ones.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

It has been available on Samsung Smart TVs / Blueray players for a long time as well.

Lazybones

https://blog.plex.tv/2014/10/15/nexus-player-coming/

Also announced for the new Android TV set top box The Nexus Player.

Lazybones

Looks like Futureshop is now stocking E, M and P series Vizio TVs.. That includes 4K units...

Doing some more research the Plex app is the more limited "Video" only one (no music orPlex channel support yet) but damn those TVs look like a good deal.

Tom

I don't think there's a such thing as a "high end" vizio tv...
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on October 15, 2014, 05:26:13 PM
It has been available on Samsung Smart TVs / Blueray players for a long time as well.

And yeehaw Xbone that my son bought last month has the Plex app ... oh wait, they only make it available to those who have a paid PlexPass sub. the @%&#...

But I've got a Plex player on my Roku and on our Samsung smart tv so that's good enough.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 14, 2014, 02:03:36 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on October 15, 2014, 05:26:13 PM

And yeehaw Xbone that my son bought last month has the Plex app ... oh wait, they only make it available to those who have a paid PlexPass sub. the @%&#...

But I've got a Plex player on my Roku and on our Samsung smart tv so that's good enough.

It is still flagged as early release / beta on Xbox and Vizio the Plex pass restriction should be removed once it gets an update or two and can exit beta.