Out of our minds?

Started by Darren Dirt, September 28, 2006, 11:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

My brother and I are taking part this weekend in a crazy challenge. We called our team name "Emotional Enigma" (don't ask).

I may be even more insane after this weekend... 24 hours will likely go by oh so quickly, but hey it's just something we have to do...

Wish us luck. ;D

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Ustauk

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Ustauk on September 29, 2006, 08:52:41 AM
May the force be with you!
Yes, in fact I do plan on ingesting caffeine towards the end of Saturday night to ensure we get the project done. ;D

Mr. Analog

Good luck. Remember to post your video on YouTube later.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

October 7th is the screening day -- 1pm City Centre Cinemas (Eaton Centre) is when ALL completed films will be shown one in succession ($10.00 admission for any non-crew) so if you're interested it would be really awesome for my friends to show their support. :)

If you can't make it / don't wanna (which I am fine with ;) ) then FYI Youtube will get a copy within a day or 2 of the screening on The Big Screen. 8)

PS: Yes, duh, we got 'er done. by 5am. :o

Lazybones

Darren Dirt

:P I haven't decided whether or not I would be happy if our little video production got 3967 comments like the Simpsons/StarTrek theme on the keyboard guy. :o 3967! Holy Bleep! I think I want to be successful and wealthy, but not famous ;D

Mr. Analog

That was both good and bad...

Anyway...

Y'know, I think you desire your video to recieve lots of comments, but like any artist you have to do the thing for yourself and not worry what others think.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Sure, but also I really don't want to lose my privacy by the success of my "art" (whether video, writing, speaking, whatever I end totally immersing myself into thus finally escaping from this prison known as "I.T." ;D )

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 02, 2006, 09:35:15 PM
:P I haven't decided whether or not I would be happy if our little video production got 3967 comments like the Simpsons/StarTrek theme on the keyboard guy. :o 3967! Holy Bleep! I think I want to be successful and wealthy, but not famous ;D

WOW.

Even more than the Simpsons-StarTrek video -- 8265 comments:
"Free Hugs" 8)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 03, 2006, 10:21:45 AM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 02, 2006, 09:35:15 PM

WOW.

Even more than the Simpsons-StarTrek video -- 8265 comments:
"Free Hugs" 8)

I saw that two nights ago via StumbleUpon it was kind of fun to watch, though I do have to say the guy who started this was really trolling local authorities, which is kind of lame...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

12 hours start to finish, first time for us making *any* "movie" ... so go easy on us ;)

(then again we should feel proud; Wes Anderson didn't exactly produce perfection his first time out -- and he actually had time to *plan* his film ;D )

self-mocking Wes in an American Express commercial

Mr. Analog

I liked the ending, good job!

Man, the one that won last year is nuts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATgdFR_15w4
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Thanks for the positive comment on our movie; looking back there's so much we'd do differently (script things more, do better sound, etc.) but since I knew I was unavailable as of 6am, it was essentially a 12 hour project and we just wanted to be sure to Get 'Er Done, so we're happy with it.)

BTW: The "nuts" guy behind "Turkey Time" (a.k.a. Edmonton's version of Tom Green ;) ) ended up being disqualified this year -- not exactly a "PG" rating:
"Alien vs. Predator vs. Steve"

Oh, and in case you folks were interested, there were only the "top 13" screened on Saturday (a half dozen of comedy, and of drama). The entire collection of 30+ films (all of which should be "family friendly" ; I'm taking my kids again) will be showing next Sunday, so our first film will indeed get a "big screen" viewing, yay!

Only a twonie to get in (not $10, like the "real" screening day ;) ), so perhaps if possible I might see some of you there...

Subject: 24/1 END OF DAYS

Hello insta-film-makers.

Know that you've all had some sleep, let me be the first to say that the rumours are true: there has been a scheduling conflict for the full screening and it's been moved. Not too far, mind you.

The screening for the FULL SLATE of 24/1 Films shot last weekend will now be on:

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15, at 1:00 PM at the CITADEL THEATRE, ZEIDLER HALL, otherwise known as Metro Cinema.

The cost for admission is a twonnie. Be there.