City of Heroes Freedom (Free to play/pay)

Started by Lazybones, June 21, 2011, 03:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 16, 2012, 04:18:17 PM
This weekend I had a weird urge to just create a new scrapper with superjump/speed and maybe some stun powers, and just sprint around and beat up baddies, not caring about storylines or missions, just having simple violent fun running into a mob, kicking ass, running away, lather rinse repeat ... impatient gamer withdrawal symptoms level 11!

Now I'm level *16* actually!

... a mere 9 days after I first had the "urge" (probably only played about 10 hours total too, over 4 nights of "winding down just having some simple fun")

But scrapper resulted in a Brute, with really crappy secondary power actually (no stun powers, just a bunch of "resist damage" powers) ... but my dual-blades combos have some pretty serious me-accuracy-boosting and them-defense-dropping so it's been a fun ride so far... And for a while I've actually been playing through missions as if I am reading a comic book and being part of the action, so hasn't just been streetfighting grinding autopilotness.

Now that I'm getting Dual Origin enhancements dropped I'm actually wondering when I'll finally "need" to stop going solo. wheee...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Holy crap... I may have to activate my old characters to run with you.

:P
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 25, 2012, 09:53:12 AM
Holy crap... I may have to activate my old characters to run with you.

:P

They are probably removed.

But if you start over as some kind of controller or defender I'd be happy to team up -- if you want to get up to the exciting levels (12+ imo) quickly we can do some "radio scanner" missions (which would involve "open door to building, bust mobs of 3-8 baddies with 1-4 lieutenants, repeat until boss appears then exit and log out to re-spawn baddies aka FARM) and it'll be mega-quick ... or even just forget missions we can just run around to find the most Yellows (and maybe even Oranges/Reds) in the streets and while you stun/sleep/knockdown/debuff the baddies I could go to dual-blades Slicetown.

whatevs, let me know -- but Friday night would be the earliest I'm back on, prolly 10pm+. Got plans tonight, and of course THURSDAY is Cabin In The Woods (you up for that or not?)

Mr. Analog

All my characters are there, I just have to link them back to Pinnacle.

I likey the ranged fighters.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 25, 2012, 10:35:23 AM
All my characters are there, I just have to link them back to Pinnacle.

I likey the ranged fighters.

How do you "link them back"?

or did you actually have the foresight to "protect" them before that deadline a while back...

btw ranged fighters aren't really helpful to my toon -- if teaming up with my insane melee brute Angry Midget Alien*, I'd really like to have someone who can boost my defenses and reduce those of the baddies,

*OOPS! I forgot I just leveled enough to now become... The Ultimate Angry Midget Alien

Mr. Analog

I dunno, I just log in and they're all there.

Even ol' Beta Max
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 25, 2012, 01:12:29 PM
I dunno, I just log in and they're all there.

Even ol' Beta Max

weird, maybe back when they talked about a deadline you did the "better safe than sorry" launch+login, and they got "permanent-flagged", whereas I never did with my toons.

Well, all I can say is the initial character creation, the initial tutorial, and even the early-level missions are all noticeably improved (imo) from back in 2008ish, might not be a bad idea to spend a couple of hours trying out something "new". (For one thing, Galaxy City has been attacked and is no longer a normal Hero zone!)

Lazybones

Looking back at my post from a while ago, ALL my characters where there, and I had enough slots so that potentially I could bind all but one of them to a server.

Logged in to a hell of a confusing set of achievement notices (retroactive from years of updates)

I have no idea how to play the game any more.

Mr. Analog

I know how you feel, when I look at some of my old characters and it says I've been offline for more than a thousand days... I'm kinda worried about everything I forgot lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 25, 2012, 01:35:26 PM
I know how you feel, when I look at some of my old characters and it says I've been offline for more than a thousand days... I'm kinda worried about everything I forgot lol

I did too -- took me a long time to remember how to logoff ;) but the built-in help is handy ("key map" ftw, and remember " \ " i.e. backslash = MENU which shows all the windows/functions etc.) and the Tutorial gets you back up to speed quick enough, without risking of a quick early death :)