KUNG FURY Official Movie

Started by Lazybones, May 29, 2015, 12:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

In a world... where heads explode far too easily, and automobiles are extremely lightweight... badass @%&# happens.

PRO-TIP: watch in Chrome so you can play at 1.5x speed = AWESOMENESS LEVEL: Stereotypical Kung Fu Movie!

PS: more videos including trailer and The Official Movie Video feat. The Hoff @ https://www.youtube.com/user/LaserUnicorns/videos <- and hey did anyone else NOT recognize Hitler until the ending credits "HOLY CRAP!" moment?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

It's everything I love in one convenient movie haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2015, 01:15:42 PM
It's everything I love in one convenient movie haha

A similar "feel" to this short MOVIE is the stand-alone game using the Far Cry 3 engine: "BLOOD DRAGON".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Cry_3:_Blood_Dragon

Last month I watched a play-through of all of this comedy-action game's cut scenes, and from start to finish it was testerone-filled uber-camp and over-the-top hilariously filled with 80s references including scenery-chewing villains and one-liners by the hero as he brutally slaughters the minions.

But I definitely did not realize just HOW MANY 80s movies were referenced throughout; here is a summary of what they were (spoilers obv.):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoVJLQNqknU

Mr. Analog

Probably one of the greatest game DLC ever
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 07:55:01 AM

From what I saw, it was... darling.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 15, 2015, 10:46:06 AM

Some DLC just adds a few things to the existing game, this was like a stand-alone game they could have sold
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 10:56:37 AM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 15, 2015, 10:46:06 AM

Some DLC just adds a few things to the existing game, this was like a stand-alone game they could have sold

From what I heard it in reality actually was a stand-alone release just using the same engine, but marketing experts felt that it would sell better calling it a "DLC" even if not really accurate... Now it's a bargain-bin Cult Hit even if not a huge success* when first released.

*EDIT: but holy hell it WAS! Wikipedia sez "The game is the fastest selling downloadable title in Ubisoft history."

Mr. Analog

Yes, yes it was

Far Cry 3 on its own is a great game, with this DLC though it knocks it out of the park

Better than the -questionable at best- Far Cry 4 (where no matter what you do, the country you're in was better off before you started doing anything)
By Grabthar's Hammer