Star Citizen

Started by Lazybones, January 23, 2016, 08:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Lazybones

Apparently they will be holding a FREE play weekend this weekend, you just need to have an free account on https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Edit: My referral code is STAR-KC4N-B3ZZ if you are the next to sign up.. Apparently there are bonuses in game if you get a bunch of referrals

There is also a referral code generator you can use to give others credit and enter your code for others to use to get points https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3oiokc/the_star_citizen_referral_code_randomizer/ .

Haven't committed yet, but want to get into the free play this weekend at the least.

Lazybones

Pulled the trigger, I figure $45USD for a single player game and persistent universe game is not much.

Downloading now..

I looked up the referral rewards and they are kind of nice they include guns and weapon upgrades at the higher levels.

Research indicates that the game is not pay to play or pay to win, however it will be pay to cut down time. However all indications are that in game time sinks will not be unfair but natural... IE if you can play for a few hours you can cover your ship insurance etc easily.

Thorin

hope you enjoy the game and get enough time off from the fam-damily to play it
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on January 26, 2016, 07:03:59 PM
hope you enjoy the game and get enough time off from the fam-damily to play it

I managed to play minecraft for many hours at night, I am sure I will find a way. Had an itch for a wing-commander type game for a long time so even if I just enjoy the single player game that is good enough.

Also I have a bunch of gamers in the house... so when the weather is crap we all just play games...

Thorin

yeah makes sense

we started an in-house instance of Minecraft Survival and have actually accomplished a huge amount of things, all to have some fun times with the ASD in our family

less time spent on Planet Bob, but it's sure neat to see a nine year old transition from Creative to Survival; so I totally get your House Full Of Gamers comment
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on January 26, 2016, 07:22:53 PM
yeah makes sense

we started an in-house instance of Minecraft Survival and have actually accomplished a huge amount of things, all to have some fun times with the ASD in our family

less time spent on Planet Bob, but it's sure neat to see a nine year old transition from Creative to Survival; so I totally get your House Full Of Gamers comment

Ya my girls play together on our xbox frequently... They do a very good job of recreating things they see on youtube and making their own creations.

Melbosa

Well I tried it and damn my GeForce 980 even has trouble at Low setting on the game!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on January 27, 2016, 10:14:14 PM
Well I tried it and damn my GeForce 980 even has trouble at Low setting on the game!

You have appeared in my list of recruits.

The they are slowly optimizing but on reddit and on the forums there are some user configs that help performance.  Also each of the current modes performs a bit different...

Free flight mode in the combat sim seems to be fairly smooth for me right now, just trying to get my controls sorted out.

Even on low the game looks great

FYI my name in SC is different

Handle: NoEndGame
Community Monicker: Endless

Mr. Analog

Sounds like I am going to be out of the picture most of this weekend b'oh!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Melbosa what game package / ship package did you go with?

Lazybones

As an FYI the default two bundles that you get on the fly now screen are not the ONLY game bundles. Again the game bundles change / split within about two weeks.

The main screen offers you the Aurora MR Game bundle for $45 , however there is an alternative Aurora LN package for the same prices currently if you go to store and game bundles then scroll down.

The LN has 4 weapon hard points (only two guns to start) instead of two, but less cargo space... If you want more of a starter fighter the LN is a bit better and you get a free set of guns if you get one referral. The LN ship is also technically worth more.

It is is possible to refund the whole bundle and switch at no cost currently. However if you use the ship upgrade option you will note the LN is $10 more expensive than the MR.

This may not matter if you picked a different bundle or want the cargo capacity.

Melbosa

MR for me... But pretty unplayable right now for my liking... But can only get better right?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on January 28, 2016, 06:37:36 PM
MR for me... But pretty unplayable right now for my liking... But can only get better right?

Arena commander drone combat and racing modes seem fairly stable.

Going the Crusader persistent universe and there are several missions and exploration items.. However game crashes and clipping through your ship are problems.

I have spent a fair amount of time in Arena commander practicing flight in free flight mode, currently exploring using quantum drive and trying to get used to the mission system / repairing relays exploring etc.

The controls are overwhelming, I found a nice printable PDF of the keybindings and have them set out in front of my keyboard.

Tom

I jumped in for who knows what reason... if anyone wants to use my code here it is: STAR-N6D9-ZGFC
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!