Main Menu

map shrinker

Started by Thorin, March 05, 2016, 08:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Hey Tom, you know that tool you use to shrink the map? That one that you made yourself? Any chance I can get a copy of that?

I have a home server set up now for the little guy and with the update to 1.9 I'm hoping to shrink the map to get more new generation closer to home.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on March 05, 2016, 08:23:36 AM
Hey Tom, you know that tool you use to shrink the map? That one that you made yourself? Any chance I can get a copy of that?

I have a home server set up now for the little guy and with the update to 1.9 I'm hoping to shrink the map to get more new generation closer to home.
I'll have to make sure it works again.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on March 05, 2016, 10:34:09 AM

So...  This tool available yet? :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on November 14, 2016, 08:00:18 PM
Quote from: Tom on March 05, 2016, 10:34:09 AM

So...  This tool available yet? :P
heh. I'll try and look at it soon.

Tom

MCP for 1.11 isnt out yet. But I'm playing with the one for 1.10 and will start preparing for updating my tool. Major changes to Minecraft code can cause significant breakage in my header file generation script.

Tom

Yup, just ran my script on 1.10. It's borked. Workin on it.

Mr. Analog

Heya a friend of mine is running a server and is looking forward to the new marine update but wants to trim the map a bit. Was wondering if you ever got this working again?

Thanks
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It may have worked the last time I looked at it... but I bet with the updates lately no chance. It'd take some time to fix as well. so he may not want to wait.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on February 16, 2018, 04:45:15 PM
It may have worked the last time I looked at it... but I bet with the updates lately no chance. It'd take some time to fix as well. so he may not want to wait.

Dang, ok, I'll let her know
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 16, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

Mostly its that the script to generate the right defines and strings requires some manual updates when they change things. Normally its not too bad, but if theres been a bunch of breaking changes like different types of blocks that map weirdly, it takes some trial and error to get it working properly. 1:1 additions are simple enough.

That said, thats for the older version.. it has a perl script that does things semi manually.. a newer version I am/was working on uses some fancy java reflection magic but it requires MCP which can lag behind quite a bit so it can't always be up to date.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on February 20, 2018, 09:48:49 AM

Mostly its that the script to generate the right defines and strings requires some manual updates when they change things. Normally its not too bad, but if theres been a bunch of breaking changes like different types of blocks that map weirdly, it takes some trial and error to get it working properly. 1:1 additions are simple enough.

That said, thats for the older version.. it has a perl script that does things semi manually.. a newer version I am/was working on uses some fancy java reflection magic but it requires MCP which can lag behind quite a bit so it can't always be up to date.

You should open source it :D I'm sure others could use it too (I know too many projects, but still!) :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 20, 2018, 09:55:56 AM

You should open source it :D I'm sure others could use it too (I know too many projects, but still!) :D
It is ;)

https://github.com/Tomasu/libmcmap for the library, and
https://github.com/Tomasu/mctools/tree/master/trimmap for the utility.

libmcmap seems to not be updated to the latest version, whups. It's not on this laptop, and my desktop is turned off atm so I can't log into it. that said, this hotel has 192.168/16 mapped to itself so I can't properly access my lan over my vpn ANYHOW. ugh. Could forward ssh some place and get in that way... but eh. maybe I'll look into it after i get back and see what kind of work is needed.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on February 20, 2018, 10:12:12 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 20, 2018, 09:55:56 AM

It is ;)

https://github.com/Tomasu/libmcmap for the library, and
https://github.com/Tomasu/mctools/tree/master/trimmap for the utility.

libmcmap seems to not be updated to the latest version, whups. It's not on this laptop, and my desktop is turned off atm so I can't log into it. that said, this hotel has 192.168/16 mapped to itself so I can't properly access my lan over my vpn ANYHOW. ugh. Could forward ssh some place and get in that way... but eh. maybe I'll look into it after i get back and see what kind of work is needed.

Appreciated!! Thanks!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Hm, ok. procmap is the newer luaified version, that isn't finished yet. sadly. let you do a number of things to a map. trimmap is the hard coded one that just trims.