THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD

Started by Melbosa, March 03, 2017, 10:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Vinny unboxes the Switch + Breath of the Wild Master's Edition:
https://youtu.be/Ob2ZeBoeTQg
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

A courier tried to deliver it yesterday but I was on the can when they buzzed my apartment YARG

Edit: It's heeeeeeeeeeeere.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 06, 2017, 09:22:04 AM
A courier tried to deliver it yesterday but I was on the can when they buzzed my apartment YARG

Good luck getting any work done today.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 06, 2017, 11:31:16 AM

That's for sure!

Also I feel like I should set up my console capture device for this, but I don't want to rewire this room.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 06, 2017, 12:17:13 PM

That's for sure!

Also I feel like I should set up my console capture device for this, but I don't want to rewire this room.

I was playing with OBS this morning for NO REASON what so ever. Turns out my setup doesn't have proper support for hardware encoding for streaming :( and holy hell does it use a lot of cpu to encode. 300%+ Now, this is an older AMD cpu, so its pretty slow compared to newer cpus, but sheesh. Gaming while streaming on this box is probably not wise. I might have to try at some point but sheesh. If I were to get into it seriously, I'd have to use a dedicated device like the AVIO dongles.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 06, 2017, 03:08:31 PM

That's for sure!

I was playing with OBS this morning for NO REASON what so ever. Turns out my setup doesn't have proper support for hardware encoding for streaming :( and holy hell does it use a lot of cpu to encode. 300%+ Now, this is an older AMD cpu, so its pretty slow compared to newer cpus, but sheesh. Gaming while streaming on this box is probably not wise. I might have to try at some point but sheesh. If I were to get into it seriously, I'd have to use a dedicated device like the AVIO dongles.

I bought an AVerMedia portable for console capture, you can use it for streaming PC as well.

OBS sucks a lot of CPU and required a lot of fiddling to get just right, in fact one of the reasons why I couldn't stream much Fallout 4 initially was input lag. I also found it added input lag to things like SAI / ClipStudioPaint. I've since played around with various settings and lowering your output resolution helps a lot (even though downscaling seems like it should take more CPU)

Oddly enough using GeForce ShadowPlay didn't take as big of a bite out of my CPU as OBS, you have to be logged into GeForce Experience to use it HOWEVER you can use nVidia capture through OBS which mostly seems to be OK. For game streams I tend to use ShadowPlay for everything else OBS.

I have a license for AVerMedia but the UI is a bit dense, OBS is so clean and easy to use in comparison, mostly because it's a clunkier UI I think. But also I've been using OBS for a few years now so it's like second nature I guess.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 06, 2017, 03:21:23 PM

That's for sure!

I bought an AVerMedia portable for console capture, you can use it for streaming PC as well.

OBS sucks a lot of CPU and required a lot of fiddling to get just right, in fact one of the reasons why I couldn't stream much Fallout 4 initially was input lag. I also found it added input lag to things like SAI / ClipStudioPaint. I've since played around with various settings and lowering your output resolution helps a lot (even though downscaling seems like it should take more CPU)

Oddly enough using GeForce ShadowPlay didn't take as big of a bite out of my CPU as OBS, you have to be logged into GeForce Experience to use it HOWEVER you can use nVidia capture through OBS which mostly seems to be OK. For game streams I tend to use ShadowPlay for everything else OBS.

I have a license for AVerMedia but the UI is a bit dense, OBS is so clean and easy to use in comparison, mostly because it's a clunkier UI I think. But also I've been using OBS for a few years now so it's like second nature I guess.
It looks like I might be able to use hw encoding if I play with the advanced ffmpeg options... We'll see if I bother to do such things. lol. My card is based on the old 290 radeon, which is based on the 7xxx chips... And it might not have a new enough video encoder engine in it. So we'll see. Later on a Nvidia 980/1070/1080 might be in my future. Maybe when I build a new workstation rig (likely with a Ryzen R7 1700 or 1800x, possibly dual socket!). That's MONTHS down the line though.

I'm surprised OBS would add any lag, unless you're playing through the OBS display, which I'd advise against? I think hdmi splitters are pretty cheap?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 06, 2017, 03:26:34 PM

That's for sure!

It looks like I might be able to use hw encoding if I play with the advanced ffmpeg options... We'll see if I bother to do such things. lol. My card is based on the old 290 radeon, which is based on the 7xxx chips... And it might not have a new enough video encoder engine in it. So we'll see. Later on a Nvidia 980/1070/1080 might be in my future. Maybe when I build a new workstation rig (likely with a Ryzen R7 1700 or 1800x, possibly dual socket!). That's MONTHS down the line though.

I'm surprised OBS would add any lag, unless you're playing through the OBS display, which I'd advise against? I think hdmi splitters are pretty cheap?

OBS takes some fiddling with to get just right, even with a Core i7 / 1080 Ti.

NEVER play through the stream output window, most of the time it's sitting on my other monitor or minimised so I don't see it at all. Really the only time I use OBS is if I want to add overlays or have more control over what people are seeing otherwise ShadowPlay is good enough.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 06, 2017, 03:43:06 PM

That's for sure!

OBS takes some fiddling with to get just right, even with a Core i7 / 1080 Ti.

NEVER play through the stream output window, most of the time it's sitting on my other monitor or minimised so I don't see it at all. Really the only time I use OBS is if I want to add overlays or have more control over what people are seeing otherwise ShadowPlay is good enough.
Have you tried a live FB stream from ShadowPlay yet?  Or that is too public for what you are doing (and its live I guess which has its own challenges)?

Thorin

Later on a Nvidia 980/1070/1080 might be in my future. Maybe when I build a new workstation rig (likely with a Ryzen R7 1700 or 1800x, possibly dual socket!). That's MONTHS down the line though.

Months?  You might be surprised how much money your kid is going to cost you...  You might end up like me, taking cast-off parts from friends.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 06, 2017, 03:45:47 PM
Have you tried a live FB stream from ShadowPlay yet?  Or that is too public for what you are doing (and its live I guess which has its own challenges)?

It's funny actually I've pasted links to livestreams on Facebook but the people there are less interested than people from my other social circles, though I know for a fact my mom was pretty into the GTAV playthrough I did a while back (I wish I had saved those VODs!)

In general you can find me on Twitch or Picarto or just go to my YouTube channel and see uploads from past streams.

To be fair though I haven't streamed in a long time, just been too bleh to do it, but I really should get back into the habit. It's a lot of fun

Quote from: Thorin on March 06, 2017, 04:35:52 PM
Later on a Nvidia 980/1070/1080 might be in my future. Maybe when I build a new workstation rig (likely with a Ryzen R7 1700 or 1800x, possibly dual socket!). That's MONTHS down the line though.

Months?  You might be surprised how much money your kid is going to cost you...  You might end up like me, taking cast-off parts from friends.

If Tonnica hadn't said anything a 970 Ti would have been up for grabs lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on March 06, 2017, 04:35:52 PM

We'll see ;)

"It's for work". Honest it is.