"It's for work". Honest it is.

LOL the trouble with a write off is you still have to spend money first
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 07, 2017, 08:53:21 AM
Quote from: Tom on March 07, 2017, 12:26:53 AM
"It's for work". Honest it is.

LOL the trouble with a write off is you still have to spend money first
Indeed. We shall see how things go. I have a couple big expenditures to get through first. New roof. Then Baby. Good times.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Yeah, "baby" isn't an expenditure, it's an ongoing financial drain.  Every time you think you've caught up, something new comes along.  Ask Lazy :P

I'm wondering whether we should get Breath Of The Wild for the Wii U here, or whether I should be saving my pennies and buying a Switch.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on March 07, 2017, 09:11:43 AM
Yeah, "baby" isn't an expenditure, it's an ongoing financial drain.  Every time you think you've caught up, something new comes along.  Ask Lazy :P
There are some initial big ones. The ongoing expenses I'm sure we can handle baring some strange health or special needs stuff. (not expecting anything, but given family history, its possible)

I'm wondering whether we should get Breath Of The Wild for the Wii U here, or whether I should be saving my pennies and buying a Switch.
Ugh, I like the Switch, but its just not ready, and I dont play enough games.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 07, 2017, 09:25:29 AM
Ugh, I like the Switch, but its just not ready, and I dont play enough games.

There are some major quality control issues they need to work out with the hardware (I'm sure everybody's seen the dead pixels story by now) the dearth of games is a killer as well, the lack of online anything is also a problem.

TBH I'm glad I cancelled my pre-order, will review again next Winter.

I got my copy of Breath of the Wild yesterday, I had things to do after work so I had to put it off, hopefully I can get into it tonight
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I just don't know. The online stuff still includes friend codes. Games, saves AND accounts are locked to individual consoles. Want to sign into multiple consoles? NOPE! Gotta sign out and detach first.

The joycons are DUMB af. Maybe if they bring out a pair that aren't asymmetrical I'd be more likely to like them.

So many missteps.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on March 07, 2017, 09:42:52 AM
I just don't know. The online stuff still includes friend codes. Games, saves AND accounts are locked to individual consoles. Want to sign into multiple consoles? NOPE! Gotta sign out and detach first.

The joycons are DUMB af. Maybe if they bring out a pair that aren't asymmetrical I'd be more likely to like them.

So many missteps.

I suspect a lot of "pro" controllers will get sold this generation. Also I realized the Joycons were small but I didn't realize how small until I saw an unboxing that used a quarter for scale.

I actually have a friend who when they got theirs accidentally docked the controllers backwards, which is easy enough to do but hard to undo.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Heck yeah!

Almost a 30 min update before I got rolling, nearly done the tutorial. This is a very different Zelda game, I love it
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

My fav wasn't there and I can't find the video but BASICALLY you get a power early on where you can stop time and then using a weapon add kinetic energy to world objects (like boulders) so you can move 'em

You can also chop trees down with an axe

So some smart person put the two mechanics together, chop tree down, stop time, add kinetic energy, jump onto log, crouch... ZOOM!

Log: The Only Way to Fly
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Some more little things you can do in the game and a few repeats: http://ca.ign.com/videos/2017/04/28/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-46-tiny-mind-blowing-details

Just the thought to put some of these into the game blows me away.