THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD

Started by Melbosa, March 03, 2017, 10:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Gotta love Havok and people with imaginations

Can't wait to see speed runs of this game
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a Switch and Breath of the Wild for my youngest in June (his birthday).  The game's visuals look okay, maybe the videos don't do it justice.  But all these little well-thought-out bits is what will make it a great game.  Just like Lego City Undercover or Lego Dimensions (although the latter costs a lot for new figures).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

AMAZING. What a world!

And shocking that motorboating is in a family-friendly game ;)

Quote from: Thorin on April 28, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a Switch and Breath of the Wild for my youngest in June (his birthday).  The game's visuals look okay, maybe the videos don't do it justice.  But all these little well-thought-out bits is what will make it a great game.  Just like Lego City Undercover or Lego Dimensions (although the latter costs a lot for new figures).

Luckily Nintendo realizes that many of us would rather have slightly poor textured fun and flexible gameplay over oops-we-fell-into-the-uncanny-valley uber-GFX any day!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Its fun for sure... but it has some timeless (and needlessly frustrating) Nintendo plat-former puzzle mechanics that still piss me off.  But they are at least far and inbetween.

Now if just my damn horse would figure out how to path properly up and down a mountainous area I would be fully happy with this game (despite those puzzles).  I should take a video of me trying to navigate on my horse in these places... my wife was laughing at how badly I'd be trying to gallop and have my horse rear due to collision detection of some random object that he could easily run over.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on April 28, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
Also I can now say for certain, after playing this on a friend's switch for a few hours and on my own Wii U, there is virtually no difference between the two at 1080p.

Thorin

Ahh, hmmm, yeah, I guess I could just buy it for the Wii U.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

@Melbosa just let the horse do the work, they actually have AI and generally follow paths
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 28, 2017, 05:39:40 PM
@Melbosa just let the horse do the work, they actually have AI and generally follow paths
hmm I was playing like I was driving a car... Maybe I'll try that. It's one of the huge pet peeves I have with the game.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 28, 2017, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 28, 2017, 05:39:40 PM
hmm I was playing like I was driving a car... Maybe I'll try that. It's one of the huge pet peeves I have with the game.

Yeah! That's how I was playing at first, turns out you can just let the horse do its thing and only give it nudges / spurs / a calming pat when you need to

If you ever wondered how people were fighting on horseback it's because they trust their ride
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

If you haven't gotten it for Switch yet Breath of the Wild is on sale RIGHT NOW

GET IT!
By Grabthar's Hammer