Agents of Mayhem

Started by Melbosa, August 22, 2017, 10:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://www.aomthegame.com/ - from the guys that did Saints Row

So I have bought this game and I can say I am really enjoying it.  The game play is fun, the additional aspects of character development and RPG parts is great.  The global offensive stuff also gives you a bit of scale management and offline play that adds to the game mechanics.  But some of the best parts of the game come from story development and character personality interactions.  The random conversations and personality conflicts add a sense of attachment to each person you acquire (14 in total I think).

Single Player only, so it has that disadvantage as games like Crackdown 3 (which is very similar) will be Online Player Co-op... but I think they could add that with a DLC or Update very easily.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I may pick up on a Steam sale, I'm a big fan of Volition's stuff (Saints Row!) but there's a lot of that sounds very grind-y

Piqued my interest for sure
https://youtu.be/KKL2obanijI
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah, most open world stuff has that grind-y style at points.  I watched your vid review, and while I agree with a lot of his points I would say that the game isn't as open world stale as he put it, nor would I consider the missions grind-y as much as he put on.  Then again the last open world game like this I played was Crackdown 2 and GTA V, so both very different and yet I think AOM stands on its own as well as not a copy of either.

I am super physced to see if Spider Man for PS4 is as good as it looks for open world aspects and maybe it will keep the world feeling alive as much as the videos previews for that one look to be.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

It DID remind me that I never finished SRIV though, which is a shame

I do love their sense of humor, the designs and the overall idea. A little disappointed by the lack of customization though and as many have said this SCREAMS multiplayer (again SR was super fun with co-op)

Like I say may pick up after I finish a few other games
By Grabthar's Hammer