Middle Earth - Shadow of War

Started by Melbosa, October 16, 2017, 01:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

https://www.shadowofwar.com/

So I picked this one up as I thoroughly enjoyed Shadow of Modor.  This one is an XBox Anywhere game so I'm able to play on my XBone and PC with the saved game shared between them.

I am about 10h in, and I can't stop playing all the side Online missions.  It is too much fun going into other peeps games to avenge their deaths against baddies (although none of my Friends have this game so I am not able to avenge anyone I know yet)!

And the voice acting lines... I haven't heard a duplicate yet from any of the War-chiefs, Captains, Assassins, etc... and some have some very funny lines.  If you don't know this game spawns boss like characters randomly and each has its own strengths and weaknesses.  The game has an "endless" supply of them so not coming across any repeats of voice lines is very impressive to me.  The main story is also compelling to want me to continue on... only one caveat to it - if you are a Tolkien fan you may not like some of the off-canon this game introduces.

Game play allows for much in terms of variety.  The list of skills and variants of each skill gives you so many options to play with I find myself just trying to complete the side missions using a type of tactic just to learn them all. Do I do this mission only mounted?  Yes... do I do that mission with only my Bow skills? Why yes!

Anyway that is my thoughts on it from a very short and small review.  Let me know if any of you pick it up so I can try to avenge your deaths :D!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I have game overload right now, just started playing Skyrim for the first time a few weeks back and Wolfenstein The New Colossus is almost out (woo yeah nazi beatass)

Then there's some Switch games I gotta get on and somehow beat Cuphead (which is not easy since they made the parry ability colour coded... FFFF)
By Grabthar's Hammer