Gettin' wisdom teeth pulled

Started by Mr. Analog, December 05, 2017, 12:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I will wish you good pain meds, I had no problem with the procedure but my recovery took a while...

Darren Dirt

Follow instructions to the letter re. keeping the gauze on the wounds to promote clotting... And also the mouth rinsing. You want to recover as quickly as possible...

Also, pain meds ftw. With luck you won't remember much of the first 36 hours :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

So far so good. The procedure was super quick and painless. Just relaxing now

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 05, 2017, 03:20:16 PM

Glad to hear it.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Nice!

I was lucky enough not to need to take too many pain killers after i got mine out. I didn't swell up too badly at all. the gauze and sutures were annoying though.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on December 06, 2017, 11:26:33 AM

Nice!

I was lucky enough not to need to take too many pain killers after i got mine out. I didn't swell up too badly at all. the gauze and sutures were annoying though.
I am done with this gauze, it makes me feel sick augh. It's the worst part so far

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Yes, but #TrustTheGauze ... way better than thinking you're done with it too early and then later tasting fresh blood. :(

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on December 06, 2017, 02:37:40 PM
Yes, but #TrustTheGauze ... way better than thinking you're done with it too early and then later tasting fresh blood. :(
That's for sure. I actually had that happen this afternoon already *angry sigh*

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So you gain a little insight when you go off work for a prolonged period.

1. I hate meetings. Especially when they bunch up, but also when they make me want to cave-in my head

2. Looking at code I wrote over a week ago makes my brain hurt WHAT WAS I THINKING!?

3. I only made it about 1/4 of the way through my crappy sci-fi collection. There are some real gems in there plus a lot of movies I'd seen before (and will likely re-watch later). I went back to watching my way through Agatha Christie's Poirot, I had no idea that they kept making them outside the 90s, in fact the final episode on this collection is from 2013 I'm pretty sure they've made an episode of every book / short story. David Suchet maintained his role throughout (starting from 1989)

anyway... things are healing up nicely, I'm normal food again and the continuous pain is starting to go finally. Yesterday I had a muscle spasm in my jaw which I think is just where I started to relax finally. I'm glad I did this in on big go and not over two sessions... now I just gotta get two fillings done :(
By Grabthar's Hammer