Fragapalooza 2018

Started by Melbosa, December 12, 2017, 11:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 09, 2018, 10:08:38 AM
Hope you guys have a great time! Hope I can get to one in the near future.

NGL I've had some issues with anxiety this year BUT it's been great overall. Over 400 people this year, we haven't had that in ... well a very long time. It was hot as hell on Thurs/Fri but today is actually enjoyable.

I've played a bunch of Fallout, Overwatch (Lucioball WOOH) and Street Fighter V (I'm glad I brought my fightstick)

So many @%&#ed things happened
1. When I got in I didn't see the lineup for reg (which was huge) and accidentally went to the front of the line - embarrassing
2. Forgot my damn DisplayPort cable, nobody around had a spare, somebody suggested Walmart which isn't that far away so I thought I'd get a cab.
3. Had a major panic attack waiting for said cab, had to go to the emergency station here at the venue, they looked after me until the cab showed up
4. Got to Walmart, I don't think they know what cables are let alone DP
5. Took the taxi all the way to MemEx, bought new cable, a mousepad for Tonnica and another can of compressed air
6. Made it back hooked up my PC had a grand old time
7. Friday was oppressively hot
8. Felt super tired around 9 PM went back to the hotel early
9. Got up early as a result, was here this morning just after 7 AM
10. Forgot my anxiety pills, had a anxiety attack, I had one on me and took it. I called the taxi to get back to the hotel and pick up my meds around 11, had originally planned to chill out at the hotel but threw caution to the wind and came back

So now I'm feelin' good, one of the things that's been a problem all week is my sinus / ears have been full which was making me very very dizzy increasing my anxiety / stress levels. So, that finally cleared this afternoon (after eating an M&Ms Blizzard of all things) I actually feel pretty great now.

I've been taking lots of pictures. They have a video contest here but I don't have access to editing software beyond YouTube (shudder) so I don't think I'll enter even though I have a great idea for a vid.

LONG STORY SHORT, despite some heavy anxiety I'm having a great time all said.

Tonnica and her SO are having a blast, Tonnica played like over 10 hours of Steamworld Dig 2 / tons of WOW. They've played more games than I have this year and are having a blast!

All in all it's great
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Glad you're back at it after the anxiety tried to kick your ass.  Too bad you didn't have someone there with you that could give you a quick drive to where you needed to be.  Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, try and win some prizes!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on August 11, 2018, 05:41:37 PM
Glad you're back at it after the anxiety tried to kick your ass.  Too bad you didn't have someone there with you that could give you a quick drive to where you needed to be.  Enjoy the rest of the long weekend, try and win some prizes!

Yeah it would be nice but on the other hand it makes running away from this crap too easy. Turns out Melbosa had a spare DP cable but I wasn't able to talk to him until I was nearly at MemEx. Ah well, it made for some good memories at least!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I'ma play some more NMS :D once I wake up. So groggy.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!