Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Started by Melbosa, December 14, 2017, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://store.steampowered.com/app/460930/Tom_Clancys_Ghost_Recon_Wildlands/ - I highly suggest you get it on steam and not uPlay directly should you want to try it (it will still install/need uplay but better through steam IMO)

So I bought this game when it was on sale mid October and played a lot of it.  I can say this is by far one of the best co-op game play games I've every tried, and its very nice that you can jump in and out a person's progression game as time permits with your friends (you get 3 AI squadies that are replaced by people as they join, and vice versa as they leave).  Its GTO as an insurgent team in Bolivia (which it warns you alot that while the locals are almost identical, the state of the people, places, and things are in no way a representation of the state of Bolivia today).

Its another game that supports microtransaction purchases for new weapons, etc, but most of the best weapons in the game can just be found through side missions in provinces.

It also has a PvP multiplayer component which was a fun distraction, but the real meat is in the co-op.

But I said I bought this back in October, why am I bringing it up now?  Because of this free DLC: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/12/13/ghost-recon-wildlands-predator-crossover/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29.  I played it for the first time today, as they make it pretty easy to get right into a Predator track and fight, and MAN!!! what a well designed game play.  I felt like I was in a modern day movie fight with a predator.  And DAMN they weren't lying about it being the toughest fight in the game... I died 8 times over the course of an hour trying to take it on Solo.  I can't wait to try this out Co-op!  Not since the AvP days in Lazy's place have I felt so close to seeing that movie character work so well in a video game.  And the fact that its limited time DLC somehow makes it even more special to have this Sci-Fi DLC in a game that tries to be as realistic as it can in to a modern present day tactical co-op FPS.

Can you tell I was very impressed?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!