SciFi indie gems -- add "Infinity Chamber" to the list

Started by Darren Dirt, March 03, 2018, 10:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Travis Milloy did an excellent job. Unique storyline, perfectly executed. Watching it with zero knowlege other than Netflix summary = a pleasure to experience.

Funny to later look up some trivia re. props -- makes methink of "Cube" in the sense of what can be done with just creative camera work and solid acting.

Watched this 2 days after the big budget Ghost In The Shell, guess which one had memorable scenes and dialog float back into my brain the next day? :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

https://mossfilm.wordpress.com/2016/06/22/somnio-film-review/

Forgot to mention Milloy was writer for the engaging scifi horror "Pandorum". The one with Dennis Quaid that certainly had its moments.

This film is far more understated and character driven, along the lines of Moon or THX-1138. And it was originally called Somnio when under development.

Mr. Analog

Sounds great! I'll have to check it out

I was pretty busy this weekend but I managed to get in some B-movies. On Friday I got the BluRay release of Colossus: The Forbin Project, a true classic. The transfer was amazing, I think this is the first time in over a decade that I've seen this movie in widescreen (some flavor of Panavision/CinemaScope I think).

Saturday was a fairly emotional day and afterward I felt like watching some real garbage ... I'll say this, I expected nothing from R.O.T.O.R. but it turned out to be a really good crappy movie, I laughed A LOT. I have vague memories of it being on "Best of the Worst" but either way it was a good random pick. I made an attempt to watch Abraxas y'know with Jesse "the Body" (or is it "the Mind"?) Ventura and fell asleep (gotta love B-movies) might have to try that one again.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Not joking, the latest Sharknado on Netflix is truly So Bad Its Good. It knows you're laughing AT IT not with it, and joins in. Surprisingly fun!

"Global Swarming" I think it's called. And it earns that word "global" just gonna say. Countless cameos of folks from the 80s and 90s not taking themselves seriously -- I mean Charo as the Queen and Fabio as the Pope? Genius!