The crunchiest bass ever...

Started by Mr. Analog, June 08, 2018, 08:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

1. That's damn good bass playing
2. Now I have to go search for Wonder Girls music
3. I just clicked on youtube's playlist and it's all fantastic, even though I'm not an instrumental-only type of listener...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 08, 2018, 08:53:10 PM
1. That's damn good bass playing
2. Now I have to go search for Wonder Girls music
3. I just clicked on youtube's playlist and it's all fantastic, even though I'm not an instrumental-only type of listener...
I know right?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Okay, so, from what I can tell Wonder Girls was a K-Pop girls band that is really kind of irritating to watch videos of, but now they're rebooting as a serious band that actually plays their own instruments live?  I will say, all four members are very good at playing their instruments, that's some quality guitar, piano, bass, and drums.  And I'm seriously impressed that the drummer sings parts of the songs, not just as a backup singer but actual verses on her own.  I'm sure that's not easy to keep drumming and then also singing at the same time.

Unfortunately there's too much Korean for me, I have no idea what they're saying in half the songs and without subtitles can't tell if they've switched to English at any point.  But I could sit and listen to them freestyle drums, piano, bass, and guitar for hours.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yeah I really enjoy the instrumentals

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

If the kpop industry is anything like jpop/jrock, a LOT of the artists are very highly trained. So while they may get stuck in a stupid idol troup, the artists could actually be quite good muscicians.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!