You guys interested in playing a New Map?

Started by Mr. Analog, August 16, 2018, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minecraft Server Options

One of us sets up hosting
4 (100%)
We pay for Minecraft Realms
0 (0%)
We pay for some other hosting service
0 (0%)
Something else...
0 (0%)
Not interested
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on August 27, 2018, 02:44:40 PM
Yeah, lava pockets were always there, even in the high elevations.  But 112 was supposed to be guaranteed netherrack, I wonder if they changed that?

I ran into at least two lava pockets just digging those tunnels so keep an eye out.

Thorin

Heyyyyyy, so...  Do we want to set a time to be online, for those that like to see others around?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on September 21, 2018, 04:33:13 PM
Heyyyyyy, so...  Do we want to set a time to be online, for those that like to see others around?

My kids have been on and off during the days because they can.. We have been on most evenings this week, even later than the kids are supposed to. However they can't do that as much,  today we had issued waking up in time for something.

There is now a large turtle farm / pen near spawn.

Lazybones

If we wanted to be nerdy we probably could scrape the server logs and send notifications outside the game when people are online / offline and track the busiest times to self organize around that.

Other than that Tuesday Thursday, and Friday early evenings you probably will not see us due to other activities..

Lazybones

I found a free server status banner.. I put it in the server status post so you can now tell if anyone is online.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 22, 2018, 10:29:29 PM
I found a free server status banner.. I put it in the server status post so you can now tell if anyone is online.
Neat! And there's no personal information there, so like people can't stalk individual users. I like it.

I was worried about advertising which users were online on the internet. Made me nervous.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on September 23, 2018, 10:27:02 AM
Neat! And there's no personal information there, so like people can't stalk individual users. I like it.

I was worried about advertising which users were online on the internet. Made me nervous.

I found code if you wanted to implement your own.

https://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/status/

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 23, 2018, 12:20:56 PM

I found code if you wanted to implement your own.

https://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/status/
I think it makes more sense for it to be hosted externally to my setup.

Lazybones

If you enable the query function in the server config it is possible to get a list of players online.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 23, 2018, 07:40:31 PM

If you enable the query function in the server config it is possible to get a list of players online.
What i should have said is i dont think its good to have a public list of who is on the server at any time. Thar be stalkers out there.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 23, 2018, 08:53:33 PM
What i should have said is i dont think its good to have a public list of who is on the server at any time. Thar be stalkers out there.

They want our sexy voxels...

But yeah it's a good idea to keep things as private as possible  :shhh:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

FYI the Tapatalk mobile client caches the status images so it does not show the current state.  You need to view the image / post in a browser to be sure it is current.