Main Menu

RetroPie

Started by Mr. Analog, August 21, 2018, 08:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So I got a CanaKit Raspberry Pi 3 B+ coming in the mail today, looking forward to trying out RetroPie. I know Lazy has played with it and I know I'm looking forward to it.

I've gotten big into retro gaming recently, with my SNES up and running again it gave me the hunger (oh yes, I bought a Framemeister and it rules)

I realize there's no difference between the RetroPie and any other emulator but it just seems cool that I can take it wherever I want.

ALSO I'll be re-wiring my AV setup soon, bought a new HDMI switch so I don't have to faff around with things anymore than I have to. That'll be my weekend project.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Some thoughts on retro-pi

1. Have a USB wired controller handy as the UI is geared toward that, as well as a USB keyboard for initial setup
2. http://www.8bitdo.com/ bluetooth controllers work very well and feel good. After initial setup with a wired keyboard / controller I switched to these.
3. AD ROMS ONE AT A TIME to ensure they actually work
4. N64 support is still spotty
5. Wired Xbox360 controllers work very well across games etc out of the box.
6. You can customize the boot image or video
7. SOME PS1 titles work on a pie.. nearly everything up to 16bit consoles works very well
8. there are some external metadata editing tools that make cool composite boxart / screen images once you nail down your ROMs.
9. Some titles WILL NOT WORK, it is frustrating.

Mr. Analog

I picked up some USB SNES controllers but failing that I have a bunch of 360 / XBONE controllers to work with.

I'm getting excited now, should be here in an hour or so. I have nearly everything I need ready to go
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Super easy to setup!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer