E3 Demo WashDowns / Downgrades

Started by Suronal, August 31, 2018, 12:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suronal

I am tired of seeing Demo's that run on monster rigs, your sold one thing for gameplay then always get a watered down version of the actual thing... IE. the new spiderman, saw it a bit in God Of War.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/08/30/spider-man-ps4-fans-concerned-graphics-downgrade-/

What are your thoughts ? and do you people even really care other than me lol

Melbosa

I saw quite a few rebuttals from the developer leads and crew that there wasn't any reduction in graphics and that the visual changes were for visuals and flow. I can't link then from my phone but did read them today.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Of course publishers are gonna showcase the best possible look of a game as a selling point, the bonus side effect is it sells hardware. For the people marketing this stuff it only becomes a problem if the "normal" or "low" settings look really bad or are unplayable, then there's the dreaded "I have a monster rig but it runs like ass on any setting" which will sink just about any game.

This is why I think livestreaming is so important now because you can see what the game experience is like with somebody who has an average system to run a game, that helps inform my choices sometimes.

Being able to run well on a variety of hardware can be important (part of Fortnite's success is the fact that it'll run on a potato) just as something with a lot of razzle dazzle can attract people to how amazing it looks. I fall somewhere in between, I like flashy graphics and have a decent system to run games on BUT I also get picky with gameplay - it better run smooth ... or else!

i see demos like Cyberpunk 2077 and all I can think about is how many new CPUs / vid cards that game is gonna sell when it comes out in a year+ there's no way that's gonna run smooth on many systems.
By Grabthar's Hammer