Doctor Who Season 11 starts October 7th!

Started by Thorin, September 06, 2018, 10:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Doctor Who Season 11 is starting up soon, I am excited!  I wonder what the new showrunners will do, and whether they'll pull off the first female doctor as good as they pulled off The Master / Missy.

October 7th, dunno what channel yet.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

As long as the stories are good that's all I care about, I'm just glad they finally gave us a release date haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I've watched the first two episodes, and I really like it so far. The production values are like a movie, according to my daughter. There's an overarching story/ villain being introduced. Jodie Whitaker does a good job talking in that excitable mile-a-minute style that all the NuWho doctors talk in. The companions appear to be proper companions rather than possible love interests. And there's the occasional bit of humour thrown in as well.

I don't want to spoil anything so I won't say anything more.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

There has been an over all villain / arch for each season of nuwho.

I am liking it as well, a few things bugged me as small details like the screwdriver-less cellphone reformatting in the first one and the reference to the sunglasses in the second (didn?t the doctor just get new cloths? Where the glasses in a pocket from the previous doctor?)

Other than that the companions and doctor seem to be off to a good start.

Mr. Analog

I have some catching up to do but everything I've heard so far sounds good

I watched some classic Who on Saturday night, it's amazing how some of the old serials still suck me in.
By Grabthar's Hammer