Oilers 2018-2019

Started by Thorin, November 01, 2018, 11:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Man, the Oilers have been on a tear this season.  They've started 2018-2019 quite well.  I missed the game tonight, had to figure out why a tap (only the one) suddenly didn't have water pressure (it was brand new, put it in a few weeks ago) - apparently an old set of shut-off valves had rubber gaskets disintegrate and clog up all the filters in the new tap.

40 saves for a shut-out for the backup goalie Koskinen, who two weeks ago everyone thought was going to do terrible.  I know, this was only his sixth NHL game (two with the Oilers now, four with the Islanders back in the 2010-2011 season).  Still, I've been told he did really well, squaring up to pucks and taking space away.  Wish I would've seen it.

Anyone else excited to see how this year's Oilers do?

I was worried about the first 11 games of the season, those were probably the best teams in the league the Oil had to play against to start, and having to travel to Europe to play their first league game really didn't help them get into a rhythm early.  I can see them getting into playoffs again this year.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

I have the same worry about the Jets with their 12th game over seas and getting back into a rhythm at home.

But yeah the Oil are playing well and I'm super happy. Enjoying their play.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

The real test is mid-season and whether or not they can keep the momentum going. I don't want to jinx them but I feel like they are on pace for a great season.
By Grabthar's Hammer