Shaw Doubles its speeds

Started by Lazybones, November 29, 2018, 09:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Melbosa on December 03, 2018, 10:30:39 AM
I suspect while Dec 03 was their release date that it will filter through accounts over the next week or two.

The announcement stated that the configs are live but the PUSH to force them will be staged.. You should be able to reboot your device today and get the speeds.

Tom you where only on 150 correct?

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 03, 2018, 10:37:39 AM
I suspect while Dec 03 was their release date that it will filter through accounts over the next week or two.

The announcement stated that the configs are live but the PUSH to force them will be staged.. You should be able to reboot your device today and get the speeds.

Yup. Usually got 170~ though.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on December 04, 2018, 08:58:30 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on December 03, 2018, 10:37:39 AM

Yup. Usually got 170~ though.

I was clocking 300 down yesterday after power cycling my router too
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'd gladly give up 100Mbps down to get 35Mbps more down.  Still, nice to get a big down speed bump.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

I am currently on lightspeed and this week I have been trying to get a price match from Telus on Purefibre for the Shaw offers.

The order has been made, I will post my speed results on or after the 14th. Competition is a good thing!

Darren Dirt

I just independently discovered this for myself on the weekend.

My 12 months of discounted "75" was coming up to expire at $60+GST monthly, so I requested a chat with the "Loyalty Team" and they gave me the "150" for $65+GST ... and a week after that is when The Great Doubling happened.

Strangely, on my laptop I am getting really low speeds right now, like under 20 ... but might be my wireless NIC or something :(
But on my relatively new Samsung, it was well over 140, and my brother said on his phone right by the [new!] router he was hitting >300.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

I was going to post another thread on PureFibre but it looks like Shaw and Telus are going to war, a 750/750 https://www.telus.com/en/deals-and-bundles/internet-750 plan has appeared and apparently theyre is a special 950/750 plan also available ofr PureFibre.

More speed than any normal home user should need right now but who says we are normal. :)