Dungeon Siege the Movie

Started by Lazybones, August 19, 2005, 02:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

See gotta love our little community, I don't have to research everything when I can get our minions... er mean members to do it for me!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

yeah, but you sometimes need a piratespeak-->l33t$p3@k translator to unnerstand watt their sayig ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

Wowcanyabelieveit? A video game movie, and Ewe is NOT directing it!

Wokkawokka!

PS: after persuing the article A Case in Communism: The Super Mario Story, and recognizing how strangely bad the movie was (at least, in terms of faithfulness to the original game), I wonder what kind of child-mind-warping propaganda will come out of the Mr. Yellow Face Dot Addict?  :? ;)

Mr. Analog

What.The. Hell.

HOW can PAC-MAN be a MOVIE?

Let's look at the past shall we?

PAC-MAN: 1980

Type: Video Game

Pac-Man Cereal: 1982

Type: Cereal

"Pac-Man": 1982

Type: Cartoon

Pac-Man: 1983

Type: Atari home Translation

Now I know there was Ms. Pac-Man and a couple of 3D Pac-Games of non-suckable quality but the Pac-Franchise has, to me, languished into a decay from which it will never recover.

But hey, that's just my take.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

You didn't mention, so I will, Pacman World 2 is waycoolfun, and Pacman Fever is a neat collection of Pac and Ms.Pac and some other Namco characters in a sorta boardgame-minigame 4 player coolness (literally "fun for the WHOLE family", 4 year old girl to 9 year old boy can play, and I even find it fun).

But yeah, the other stuff you mentioned, teh suck.

Thorin

Pacman Fever, you say?  Is that available for the GameCube?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Yes, yes it is.

Rule of thumb: If Darren Dirt ever mentions playing a game at home, it is either PC or Gamecube. IWNBAHCSAIASOTMPWANSLWCBYMSOABANG*.

- - -

* IWNBAHCSAIASOTMPWANSLWCBYMSOABANG = I Will Never Buy Another Home Console System As I Am Sick Of The Marketing Ploy Where A New System Looks Way Cool But You Must Start Over And Buy All New Games.  :evil:

Lazybones

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"
* IWNBAHCSAIASOTMPWANSLWCBYMSOABANG = I Will Never Buy Another Home Console System As I Am Sick Of The Marketing Ploy Where A New System Looks Way Cool But You Must Start Over And Buy All New Games.  :evil:

Last time I checked backward compatiblility was very common in modern consoles.

Gamboy -> GameBoy Advance -> Nintendo DS

GameBoy (with addon) -> GameCube -> Revolution

Xbox (200+ titles)->Xbox 360

PS1 -> PS2-> PS1 and PS2 ->PS3

Why do you have to buy all new games.. Almost every single concole released this or comming will be backward compatible.

Shayne

...not to mention its only a matter of time (late 2006, early 2007) that your console will no longer be developed for (at least not AAA, or even AA, A titles).

The investment is minimal in that a $500 machine over 4 years is about $10 a month.

Have they even confirmed the Revolution to be backwards?  I was aware that it would have access to an online service that would allow you to play a large amount of "classic" nintendo games, but to play GameCube games from the disc would be interesting as its a slot load drive and the discs are smaller.  Though with an ATi core, and an IBM cpu its probably pretty easy to assume as the parts are near the same as the GameCube.

Backwards compatability is a selling feature forsure, and while most games work the accessories and/or saved games and such do not.

Mr. Analog

Quothe the Nintendo Revolution Homepage:

Quote from: "Nintendo Mareketing"Decades of Games

Revolution will play all of your favorite Nintendo GameCube games, and deliver downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).
By Grabthar's Hammer