Dungeon Siege the Movie

Started by Lazybones, August 19, 2005, 02:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/

Think this director has a thing for Games to Movies:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/

Too bad most of his current releases pretty much sucked.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

Good actors signed for it.  I read about this a couple months back, but then i saw the director and almost cried.  With the recent flood of mideval themed films its a good property to own, its a shame its doomed before its even released.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Shayne"Good actors signed for it.  I read about this a couple months back, but then i saw the director and almost cried.

Surely, my friend, you did not just "CRY".

Indeed, sir, Uwe Bolled! :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050714.gtbolljul14/BNStory/AtPlay/

QuoteMost of his films have been rated between two and four out of 10 by users of the Internet Movie DataBase. The respected on-line film resource also reports one of his less glamorous nicknames to be "The Master of Error."

Anyone think it's possible for this guy to make a movie that doesn't stink?

Mr. Analog

Good lord, how can this man still be going, where does he get funding from and how does he get the likes of Ben Kingsly to be in Bloodrayne?

"Beyond Dungeon Siege, Mr. Boll's plate is full of video game-based projects, including films based on the games Far Cry, Fear Effect, and Hunter: The Reckoning."

What? How! How can a movie be made about Hunter: The Reckoning? A game whose plot is so generic and unoriginal it makes straight lines everywhere want to curl up into the fetal position. But wait there's more!

"He explained where his adaptation of Alone in the Dark may have gone wrong". Just wait, you'll love this! "I think Alone in the Dark was too much an action creature movie than a horror creature movie. The video game was more horror. I don't feel too guilty about it because Atari failed to deliver Alone in the Dark 5." Say what? Ooh, curse you peksy Atari for realizing your blunder in time to stop the madness. I do like the Action Monster idea however, Indiana Monster and The Shopping Centre of Delightfulness, where the monster ruins the day, eats the good guys face and gets the girl? Hmm, it could work!

I think the most blinding evidence that there is something clinically wrong with Uwe Boll is the following statement (I wish I could make it up) "My favourite game is Postal". In the immortal words of Stan Lee; 'Nuff said.

Please, please, please someone take away Uwe Boll's director cap in case he makes a movie based on Thief or Myst...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Merged topics as they contained same content.

Shayne

I just cant believe the actors he signs on for these.

I did a bit of research, his movies cost in the $20 million range (including marketting and such), yet the hardly come close to $10 million.  My woman says that they brought in WAY to many DVD copies of "Alone in the Dark" (and they brought in 10 copies)

*the original postal was actually pretty good for its time*

Melbosa

Melbosa

Something interesting I found on a side piece in this arctice, are other Video Game movies in the works (some we have talked about before):

QuoteDOOM (Universal, October 21, starring The Rock)

Silent Hill (TriStar Pictures, 2006)

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Square Enix, November)

Hitman (Fox, TBA, starring Vin Diesel)

Halo (Fox/Universal, 2007)

God of War (Universal, TBA)

Mortal Kombat III (New Line Cinema, TBA)

Resident Evil 3, 4, 5 (Columbia Tristar, TBA)

Melbosa

Interesting rundown on upcoming movies from this director, from the same article:

QuoteBetween filming Dungeon Siege and ramping up for the release of BloodRayne, it isn't like the director doesn't already have a full schedule, but that's not stopping the Boll-man from scoping out a number of projects for the future.

What's in store? We had him give us the run down.

Running With Scissors' Postal

Status: Terms of the license are still being negotiated, but expected to be more of a comedy than Boll's other efforts. Expected to be his film after Dungeon Siege.

Eidos Interactive's Fear Effect

Status: In limbo due to unsatisfying script treatments and Eidos' hesitation to move forward with Fear Effect 3.

Ubisoft's Far Cry

Status: The script is currently being finished and will likely be the film he tackles after wrapping up Postal. Boll hopes to cast a big star like The Rock for the title role.

Hunter: The Reckoning

Status: With the script still in-the-works, this adaptation still hasn't gained much momentum. Don't expect anything new from this for some time.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Good lord, how can this man still be going, where does he get funding from and how does he get the likes of Ben Kingsly to be in Bloodrayne?

"My favourite game is Postal because it is so politically incorrect [he laughs]. Not for the story though. Hitman and Silent Hill are also favourites."

^ That explains it. Not only is he "in league with Satan" but he's also one of the Evil One's biggest fans ;)

Melbosa

Well I'm not one to thread resurrect, but found this really interesting:

Seems Mr. Boll is now to direct Halo The Movie

Lazybones

No, please, stop... We DON"T need more video game movies, particularly ones by this director.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Melbosa"Well I'm not one to thread resurrect, but found this really interesting:

Seems Mr. Boll is now to direct Halo The Movie

HALO?!?!?!?!

Manohman, you can certainly gauge the response of the masses by the titles of the IMDB threads... (some amusing posts in some of these)

Uwe boll directing? is this some kind of joke?

YES! UWE's DIRECTING!

How the hell??????!

UWE BOL!!!??

Why didn't Uwe Boll's mother just take the birth control pills?

MOTHER *beep*

Uwe Boll can *beep* off!

Uwe Bol? Why?

wtf Uwe Boll Directing?!

Apparently not exactly converts to the "Boll" style of filming video games... :roll:

- - -

but, breathe a sigh of relief:

FACT: UWE BOLL IS NOT DIRECTING THIS MOVIE!!!(quote)PROOF: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21334 -- Idiots need to stop updating IMDB with B.S. just to get a reaction.(/quote)

Quote from: "AICN"...Microsoft and Bungie are too protective of their sugar daddy big moneymaker to let Mr. HOUSE OF THE DEAD take the reins. Universal, 20th Century Fox, Microsoft and Bungie are too smart to let that happen. I've got my ear to the ground on this project, being a huge HALO fan and one that believes a really fun and really badass movie could be made from the story. I also believe the design of the game lends itself to a theatrical adaptation. Lord knows it can be done wrong, but that's true of any adaptation, wouldn't you say?

*phew*

Tonnica

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"FACT: UWE BOLL IS NOT DIRECTING THIS MOVIE!!!

Thank goodness. Though I wager if Boll-ing-For-Dollars got his mitts on it he'd be hanging from the yardarm before ye could say "Arr! Jimboy arr!". Handing the reigns over to that poltroon'd be like Microsoft, Bungie, and all rabid fans 'cross the seas plying "please, take our booty and convert it to naught but plug nickels!".

I have to ponder yon question "why do we need more video game movies?". Indeed, after gazing upon the Doom trailer I had to exclaim "avast!". It looked about as entertainin' as scrapin' barnacles off a hull while the ship is movin'.

In yon case of FFVII I knew since quite a few fortnights ago they were edgin' towards a new production as suggested durin' the release of Before Crisis. The lubbers at Squarenix plan to cash in on the hoard by releasin' two new games and possibly a remakin' of the original FF VII for PS3. So I figgers it's more of a package deal, is what it is rather than some one shot off the port bow.

EDIT: Updated me link to a better one