Started by Mr. Analog, September 18, 2007, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I will be playing Team Fortress 2

Yes
No

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Only managed to get it preloaded, and now I have internet as of an hour ago.. Going to have to check out online play.

Mr. Analog

There's a necessary patch already, oh and if you want to config your server you'll have to edit the server.cfg file :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Favorite class so far: Demo Man

I haven't been able to connect to any actual servers yet tho lol :P
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

So fellow RW'ians how many of you are interested in playing this awesome game?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Couldn't find open servers last night, and the one I tried to join in spectator mode crashed.

Thorin

I don't have the rig to run it...  But if I did and found some time to play it, I'd join ya!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

My Steam ID is mr_analog (my Steam name is mr.analog, my avatar is Space Ghost).

I'll be setting up a server tonight for those interested, I'll post details later :)

Oh yes! I highly recommend the developer commentary!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Well, I couldn't figure out how to set up a server (without it being dedicated) the TF2 support forums have a REALLY MIND-BENDINGLY BAD confirmation image that I have to refresh 50 times to use, I know you can add a server.cfg but I haven't figured out how to make it work yet.

Anyway, I joined a server last night HOLY @%&# FUN!

At first I was a Soldier but I was getting owned pretty bad, then I went on as the Demoman and hot damn it was fun!

I was all plantin' sticky bombs on doors n' stuff and waiting for @%&#heads to roll on thru haha BOOOM EVERYTHING SHOT!

I think the Demoman is for me, but last night tactically we were really missing the Engineer...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

You went off line, just as I logged in
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bagobones/

I really like the engineer and spy.. The pacing of this game is great!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on September 21, 2007, 09:43:46 AM
You went off line, just as I logged in
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bagobones/

I really like the engineer and spy.. The pacing of this game is great!

B'oh! I had to colour a mime lol so I logged off a bit early :-/

I gotta hook up my mic though, some of the comments were priceless...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

I just noticed my kill count is wrong, I fragged 4 people at once last night :-/ maybe it hasn't caught up yet...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2007, 10:02:59 AM
I just noticed my kill count is wrong, I fragged 4 people at once last night :-/ maybe it hasn't caught up yet...

Check your assist count.. If you where not the primary damage dealer I think it awards an assist instead of a kill.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on September 21, 2007, 12:05:33 PM

Check your assist count.. If you where not the primary damage dealer I think it awards an assist instead of a kill.

Strange it's not there, I'm positive I killed a whack of guys with sticky bombs on the last map I played. Maybe it didn't count because I quit before the round was over?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2007, 12:33:46 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on September 21, 2007, 12:05:33 PM

Strange it's not there, I'm positive I killed a whack of guys with sticky bombs on the last map I played. Maybe it didn't count because I quit before the round was over?

It is a beta... Maybe report it as a bug if you have the details.

I I know is that at 12:30AM I was still having a blast and had to really push my self to stop playing.

The cartoon art direction really shines.. It is hard to take the game too seriously when you have spys runing around you with cardboard cutout masks, and Flamethrower guys mumbling though their masks.