login

Author Topic: New Studio / Special Thanks to Players  (Read 7903 times)

Online Mr. Analog

• Fighter of the Nightman - Champion of the Sun
  • Universal Constant
  • Dayman
New Studio / Special Thanks to Players
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:12:33 AM »
I'm sure many of us got this e-mail but it seems the Cryptic Studio team is integrating with NCSoft and we get some fun stuff!

To all current and former City of Heroes players,

Today we announced the acquisition of City of Heroes from Cryptic Studios™ and the formation of our new Northern California studio which we are informally calling NCsoft® NorCal (click here to read the press release). Nearly the entire City of Heroes team from Cryptic Studios has joined the NCsoft team and together we have formed the core of our new studio.

The City of Heroes franchise has been a tremendous success for both NCsoft and Cryptic. More than three years after the City of Heroes launch, our community is strong and thriving. There are so many great ideas and plans, both from our development team and from the players, and we can’t wait to make them a reality. Our team is 100% dedicated to City of Heroes and we are extremely excited about the present and the future!

Click here to read the Dev Corner chat with General Manager Brian Clayton and learn more details.

Now back to you, the players. You are the lifeblood of our game. In celebration of our new studio and our exciting plans, and in order to thank you for the fantastic community that you have built, we are pleased to announce the following.

Full Access to City of Heroes and City of Villains®
All players with City of Heroes retail* accounts will now have access to City of Villains, and all City of Villains retail* accounts will now have access to City of Heroes. Players that didn't previously have access to "the other side" will find that they do now. Just log in to check it out!

Debt Wipe
After the launch of Issue 11: A Stitch in Time this Fall, we are removing Debt from all characters and giving you a fresh start. Actual date will be announced shortly. Have fun in the mean time.

20,000 Prestige
Also after the launch of Issue 11, all Supergroups will receive an additional 20,000 Prestige per Supergroup member, meaning SGs could acquire up to 3 million Prestige based upon their Supergroup membership roster! Actual date will be announced shortly.

In the near future we will begin to share more information about our development plans. With this major reinvestment and effort ahead of us, we will take City of Heroes to new heights!

Sincerely,

The City of Heroes Team

I'm thinking of logging in when this issue hits...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Offline Darren Dirt

• Royality
  • open your mind to the impossible d-_-b
    • Laugh!
Re: New Studio / Special Thanks to Players
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:10:29 AM »
Hey folks, anyone besides me have an old City of HEROES account but never purchased VILLAINS? Cuz I finally managed to figure out my old login info, got into the PlayNC.com game management section, and looks like I need a serial # to download Villains?   :what:

To all current and former City of Heroes players,

Today we announced the acquisition of City of Heroes from Cryptic Studios™ and the formation of our new Northern California studio which we are informally calling NCsoft® NorCal (click here to read the press release). Nearly the entire City of Heroes team from Cryptic Studios has joined the NCsoft team and together we have formed the core of our new studio.

The City of Heroes franchise has been a tremendous success for both NCsoft and Cryptic. More than three years after the City of Heroes launch, our community is strong and thriving. There are so many great ideas and plans, both from our development team and from the players, and we can’t wait to make them a reality. Our team is 100% dedicated to City of Heroes and we are extremely excited about the present and the future!

Click here to read the Dev Corner chat with General Manager Brian Clayton and learn more details.

Full Access to City of Heroes and City of Villains®
All players with City of Heroes retail* accounts will now have access to City of Villains, and all City of Villains retail* accounts will now have access to City of Heroes. Players that didn't previously have access to "the other side" will find that they do now. Just log in to check it out!

Confused=me, since the new "thanks to the players!" promo says that you get to download the "other" game for free, doesn't it?  :think:

I cleared out a few gigs of hard drive space on the weekend in anticipation of getting my cape back on too... But using my powers for evil, not good...  >:D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 11:12:50 AM by Darren Dirt »

"What we need to do is eat healthy food, drink a lot of water, get a lot of exercise, meditate, and follow your passion. You need to surround yourself with good people and be good to those people."
- Joe Rogan Experience #361 @ 2h 8m 27s

"I'd rather go naked than wear the coat the world has made for me."
- Dorothy Allison

"You can't make me be who you think I should be."
- Tommy Angelo ( http://goo.gl/WUkIm4 )

Online Mr. Analog

• Fighter of the Nightman - Champion of the Sun
  • Universal Constant
  • Dayman
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 11:30:30 AM »
Has it taken effect yet? You may want to try the COH official forums.

Evil is so deliciously FUN.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Offline Lazybones

• Administrator
  • Royality
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 12:22:03 PM »
Where they not both the same game just with a different startup parameter to the shortcut? I can't remember now.

Offline Darren Dirt

• Royality
  • open your mind to the impossible d-_-b
    • Laugh!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 12:40:35 PM »
Where they not both the same game just with a different startup parameter to the shortcut? I can't remember now.

That was the case* with the "dev" server (aka "Training Room") -- I recall there was some folder differences so I made a .BAT file that did some necessary stuff for me... But Villains vs. Heroes? Unsure if when I re-download Heroes it will include BOTH games now, although I doubt it since the "both for the price of one!" deal is not for absolutely everyone playing one of them...

Guess I'll just have to try tonight or something, see if it gives me the option of grabbing both...

- - -

*I think, IMHO, etc. etc. then again I may be completely clueless as to what you are talking about since I never had Villains installed (although I did play the beta/preview, and yes now that I think about it it WAS just a different parameter in the shortcut! (okay ignore some or most of what I have said here (and/or above))).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 02:39:20 PM by Darren Dirt »

"What we need to do is eat healthy food, drink a lot of water, get a lot of exercise, meditate, and follow your passion. You need to surround yourself with good people and be good to those people."
- Joe Rogan Experience #361 @ 2h 8m 27s

"I'd rather go naked than wear the coat the world has made for me."
- Dorothy Allison

"You can't make me be who you think I should be."
- Tommy Angelo ( http://goo.gl/WUkIm4 )