Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

good list of questions.

Sunday matinee better for anyone?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 13, 2009, 09:39:59 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on March 13, 2009, 12:30:13 AM
I don't think it's a film for children anyway, I believe they'd be bored to tears not understanding what's going on or how everything's related.

Subtlety is not for kids, this movie is all about subtlety clenched in a fist.

My son absolutely loved the graphic novel... Last week he and I were "fighting" over who gets to re-read it first ;) but yeah, I presume most "normal" kids who aren't familiar with character-driven "action" movies will not enjoy it. ...of course, I found out last night that most of his friends have already seen it (!) and some even did it the on-the-internets way  ::)  So am I sheltering my son too much? Will it be pointless just waiting for the DVD? ...unsure... Saturday matinee anyone? So I can judge for myself?

Your boy is a teen though isn't he? I'd be surprised if he wasn't interested.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Anyone up for a matinee today? I'm kid-free and still wanna see it on IMAX.

edit: ...aw crap, I think MONSTERS has taken its place hasn't it?  >:(

Melbosa

Quote from: Darren Dirt on April 04, 2009, 09:11:54 AM

Phone man... doesn't anyone call anyone anymore?  I must admit, I check the forums erratically on weekends.  Didn't even see this post till Monday morning (obviously I didn't even check these forums since Friday night).
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on April 06, 2009, 08:16:08 AM

Phone man... doesn't anyone call anyone anymore?  I must admit, I check the forums erratically on weekends.  Didn't even see this post till Monday morning (obviously I didn't even check these forums since Friday night).

lol -- sorry, I found out 7pm on Friday that I might actually have Saturday afternoon free. Then I found out about 2pm on Saturday that I was wrong, so glad I didn't go (ended up seeing MvA with the kids on Sunday, though... and looks like I was right, that the 3D Watchmen is an opportunity missed).

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 06, 2009, 08:16:08 AM

Actually, I'm not all that sure I have your phone number anymore... :noes:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

LOL my number hasn't changed in years!  Shame on you not keeping those contact records between phones.  I'll pm you my numbers.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 09, 2009, 08:23:34 AM
LOL my number hasn't changed in years!  Shame on you not keeping those contact records between phones.  I'll pm you my numbers.

Well, I have your old cell phone from like eight years ago but it don't work no mo'
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Saw it over the weekend.. Seems rather faithful, at least compared to the motion comic I have for reference. I think the changes to the ending made more sense in a real world setting.

Melbosa

I have it, but haven't watched it... I'll weigh in on it after I have had a chance myself.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 06, 2009, 01:49:07 PM
I have it, but haven't watched it... I'll weigh in on it after I have had a chance myself.

You still haven't seen Watchmen? Is it even in theatres still?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Well the women and me sat down to watch it last night.  I've never read the graphic novel or seen the motion comic.

As a movie itself, it was alright.  Maybe I've been spoiled by the new Star Trek, Dark Knight and Transformers 2, but I think they were by far better movies.  This one, although as I said was alright, just seemed a bit slow and awkward.

Meh, each his own.  My weigh-in as promised.

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on July 07, 2009, 08:14:53 AM
Well the women and me sat down to watch it last night.

I'm assuming "womEn" was a typo...  Although it would be grammatically correct if you now have a harem. :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Or you're assuming that by saying women, I was talking about multiple women I was intimately involved with.  The GF and her friend was over when we watched it, so women is the correct term. :P ;)

Thorin

You know two girls?  Unpossable!

But yeah, you're right, I was assuming you were referring to women you're intimately involved with.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful