GO TO SLEEP! (a self-discipline PSA message from College Humour)

Started by Darren Dirt, February 04, 2011, 02:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpAKGugtMzk

...and for once Dan is not the butt of jokes...

oh wait, at the end he kinda is... a "butt"...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

going on about 4-5 hours of sleep nightly for almost 2 weeks, various reasons. Need to watch Dan's warning/reminder when I get home tonight methinks.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 23, 2011, 01:41:10 PM
going on about 4-5 hours of sleep nightly for almost 2 weeks, various reasons. Need to watch Dan's warning/reminder when I get home tonight methinks.

I average about 6.5 hrs a night (thanks CPAP stats!), I know lack of sleep is one of those signs of depression, I think it's high time we all got together and palled around!

I know one thing that helps is a little exercise before dinner, even just a walk around the block or shoveling some snow (damn bus stop!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I might be partly insomniatic due to emotional stuff, but overall I'm just being run down by work (having to get there at 8:30 now, still "in the habit" of being here past 5:30 ... but have to get up at like 6:30 to make sure I "get to work on time" :( )

And to top it off, in my new place my cats don't have any other people to amuse them, so they often wake me up at crazy hours, or else fight each other. Noisily.

But I agree with you, as a celebration of the Final Melting Of The Evil Snow, I'd suggest at the very least a BP 2 hour supper, but more likely an evening at someone's house, like the last time at Mel's only this time no TV on in the background, but instead have a friendly game of poker while we chat  :)

Mr. Analog

Man, I know how you feel not being able to sleep!! For whatever reason I'll go a few days where, for no reason, I wake up at 4 AM...

Anyway, yeah, if you guys wanna do a poker night I have all the stuff at my place to make it happen. I can put some tunes on or we can play some video games or whatever!

It's weird, but my social calendar has been pretty empty until this week haha, so I think the only free day I have for a while is Friday, April 1st
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 23, 2011, 03:09:45 PM
as a celebration of the Final Melting Of The Evil Snow

Might have to wait until June for that, the way the weather's going.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on March 23, 2011, 03:25:36 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on March 23, 2011, 03:09:45 PM
as a celebration of the Final Melting Of The Evil Snow

Might have to wait until June for that, the way the weather's going.

LOL no kiddin' eh?

I thought I'd be BBQ'ing by now
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I thought of the above video (and its message ( DO stuff, people! -- don't just stay inside in front of a screen and WATCH stuff!) ) when I watched this analysis of #4 of the "Don't Huge Me I'm Scared" series...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCtG-TkUn9s

I feel like, if The Big Lebowski was written today, there would be at least a few scenes with The Dude saying stuff like "It's all, like, the MEDIA, man! Don't you get it? @%&#..." etc. (and Donnie would not get it, natch.)

DHMIS: https://www.youtube.com/user/thisisitcollective/videos
(4 different episodes (and they have a Kickstarter that apparently is gonna fund another 1 or 2 or 3 coming soon!) -- if you've never seen them, watch them in order -- they increase in terms of darkness episode by episode ... but also the "lesson" increases in importance [re. creativity, then time/death, then love/independence/identity, then THE INTERNET (man!) ] ) <-- series of brackets confirmed all closed ;)

PS: ZOMG, dhmis has its own WIKIA -- http://donthugme.wikia.com/wiki/Theories_to_what_the_videos_mean

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 10, 2015, 01:37:13 PM
Oh yes, the fan following for DHMIS is ... deep

I've watched the "Kids React..." and was surprised (worried?) that it was not as traumatising for most of them as it would be for our generation at that age.  ???

Tom

I can't believe this was posted in /2011/. I still remember like it was yesterday...

Mr. Analog

Time flies when you get old

Where's the cassette section at Sam the Record Man?

WHERE'S SAM THE RECORD MAN?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Tom