Main Menu

FRIDAY!!

Started by Mr. Analog, May 06, 2011, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Just wrapping 12 hours now.... completed a change of TWO application layers today.

DAL - done
Bidness Layer - done

Also managed to get our new security handshake process working

All that's left are the service layers and unit tests which I'll pick up tomorrow

Now I'm upgrading Office, the installer treats people like babies, it's extremely condescending.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 20, 2014, 07:26:35 PM
Now I'm upgrading Office, the installer treats people like babies, it's extremely condescending.

I try to avoid lettering users have any say in the install process... Most are babies and click through everything without reading...

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 20, 2014, 07:43:55 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 20, 2014, 07:26:35 PM

I try to avoid lettering users have any say in the install process... Most are babies and click through everything without reading...

I will say this, it was pretty well guided, then again I just did the "recommended" install which doesn't give you options.

So far the only app I'm worried about is Lync, most people I know who upgraded had a lot of problems with the UI... so I can hardly wait (ech!)

also I'm grumpy and it was just uber grating to hear a voiceover telling me where the save button was (again) :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 14, 2012, 09:29:58 AM
Friday Funnies...

Okay so it is Tuesday -- not even "mini-Friday" as Garner Andrews would say along with a one-finger salute -- but I find this matches the spirit of much of this thread.

A welcome relief to the seriousness of the workweek, here it is...

http://iwastesomuchtime.com/on/?i=102585#How+whacked+your+PERIPHERAL+VISION+really+is (how caricature artists see the world, maybe?)

OUCH. My eyes, my brain, they are actually working as intended? YEESH.

my vote for WEIRDEST/MOSTEXTREME distortion? David Duchovny.

Pro-Tip: Don't blink. Blink and you're gonna miss the full effect. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

And if the above doesn't quite work for you (since you might need to get too close to the screen or something) this video is fun also. And, MATH!
http://uk.businessinsider.com/designer-creates-math-based-sculptures-2016-1

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

Dude, the last post was from 2014!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Whoa! That was good!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Got your nose

:^)

:^)               へ(?д`へ)

:^)          へ(?д`へ)

:^)    へ(?д`へ)

:^)へ(?д`へ)

:^)へ(?д`へ)

:/^へ(?д`へ)

:O(ノ? ͜`)-^

>:O    (ノ? ͜`)-^

>: (         (ノ? ͜`)-^

: (                (ノ? ͜`)-^

>: ( ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一              ^-(?д`)/

Not this time muther@%&#er
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Darren Dirt

Darren Dirt

Today I noticed something weird about the new design of the TD Online Banking webpage...

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 17, 2016, 02:34:20 PM
Today I noticed something weird about the new design of the TD Online Banking webpage...

So what is the story? Someone post a photoshop? Open a bad email? Browser based word replacement plugin? Did they actually get exploited?

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on June 17, 2016, 04:04:17 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 17, 2016, 02:34:20 PM

So what is the story? Someone post a photoshop? Open a bad email? Browser based word replacement plugin? Did they actually get exploited?

hehehe nope just me being bored and using the good ol' "Inspect Element" and some stream-of-consciousness with no internal mental filter.

Was in a weird mood.

In response to an annoying popup spam webpage that had visible-obvious fakery in some online banking, I decided to show myself how fake webpage content SHOULD be done :)

bonus points: count/list the specific "improvements" I made vs. the original...  ;D ;D ;D

Mr. Analog

It's the most... magical day... of the week
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Lazybones

Plus side ITS FRIDAY.

Down side I think I am getting a cold .... BOOO