Main Menu

FRIDAY!!

Started by Mr. Analog, May 06, 2011, 03:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Thanks for the advice folks, but I don't have a regular set of twitters that I "follow".

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2012, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 14, 2012, 10:06:10 AM
Oh ascended one, I must decline your request, for in that respect I am empty, there is a void which will never be filled.

Oh dear god, that gave me a flashback to HoneyBunny's posts!  Same style of writing, and whatnot.

T-man, thanks for reminding me of the "good" times.

::)

honeybunny, REALLY? I did not deserve that -- I was being INTENTIONALLY flowery in my verbiage, just for the hell of it (the "ASCENDED" icon caught my attention for some reason) I mean come on you gotta have known that (since the sentence immediately following was "normal").

Yeesh. Somebody recently go to Troll School or something?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Tom

Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 14, 2012, 12:46:03 PM
Thanks for the advice folks, but I don't have a regular set of twitters that I "follow".

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2012, 12:03:24 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 14, 2012, 10:06:10 AM
Oh ascended one, I must decline your request, for in that respect I am empty, there is a void which will never be filled.

Oh dear god, that gave me a flashback to HoneyBunny's posts!  Same style of writing, and whatnot.

T-man, thanks for reminding me of the "good" times.

::)

honeybunny, REALLY? I did not deserve that -- I was being INTENTIONALLY flowery in my verbiage, just for the hell of it (the "ASCENDED" icon caught my attention for some reason) I mean come on you gotta have known that (since the sentence immediately following was "normal").

Yeesh. Somebody recently go to Troll School or something?
I read it as a good hearted ribbing.

Anyhow, maybe this will cheer everyone up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoMhOKagWNU
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Okay, that wasn't meant as an insult, just a statement that the flowery style reminded me of her writing and that it sent a flash of horror through my brain!  I guess I believed that as soon as I pointed it out, you and others would also get that flash of horror and then laugh at the "good" times back then.  I hope you at least didn't see the pictures they posted on Facebook that eventually got reported as offensive...

Anyway, I'm surprised that statement was taken by you as an insult, and I hope you can see that I was merely pointing out the similarity in writing style for that one sentence and then the flash of horror I experienced due to remembering that writing style of hers.  I did not say nor was I implying that you are or were anything like her, and I wasn't trying to troll you for a negative reaction; in fact, I thought you'd get a rueful chuckle remember the "good" times.  Looking back, given recent posts in that other thread, though, I can understand there's a bit of tension between us and you didn't take it as such, so sorry for that.

And Tom, damn you for posting that video, even if it was 100% on-topic!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 14, 2012, 03:21:27 PM
And Tom, damn you for posting that video, even if it was 100% on-topic!
You're all welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecW0B5rELyo (NOT Rebecca Black related)

Mr. Analog

Hahah, for a moment I thought it would be the TF2 parody of the Friday music video
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Much much better.  It also led to this: http://youtu.be/-IVvuV34E98 (at first it seems like a serious downer video, but then they pop up the wrong picture).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

LOL You guys remind me of... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8WIr3iq2Bc

/cracksabeer

Suggest you all do the same ;)
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Aaaaaaah Friday once more!!

I guess I better pick up some brewskies :dance:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Ahhh working from home, waiting for my camera shipment from FedEx... oh and what is this... BOOZE I have... FUN DAY!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on September 21, 2012, 11:20:28 AM
Ahhh working from home, waiting for my camera shipment from FedEx... oh and what is this... BOOZE I have... FUN DAY!

Same, I think I have a beer in the fridge :D

Go out in the backyard and appreciate nature (and a beer) at lunch :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I have rum. And I had a nap. Two actually. Yesterday I fell asleep at like 2:30pm (not sure about that), I wasn't able to stay awake... and woke up around 10 or something. Then this morning I slept for about 2 hours after 7am. Still tired though.

Mr. Analog

I hate when I get out of sync like that
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2012, 02:12:35 PM
Started when I spent a day cleaning, mom was coming over. had a whole 36 hours notice. So I spent it cleaning. ;D (and some working...)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 21, 2012, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 21, 2012, 02:12:35 PM
Started when I spent a day cleaning, mom was coming over. had a whole 36 hours notice. So I spent it cleaning. ;D (and some working...)

Ah ;) well hopefully you can start getting into a regular cycle so it's not so much work next time :D
By Grabthar's Hammer