Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on August 22, 2019, 02:57:00 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 22, 2019, 01:28:13 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on August 22, 2019, 09:00:11 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 21, 2019, 11:40:44 PM
It's been down for a long while now

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It?s not down if no one opened a ticket. ;)
It was down at Fraga I assumed Tom would check it later

The vm was up, I assumed it was a glitch and then promptly forgot. :(
No worries

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Anyone else still playing on and off?

I have found new dumb ways to loose all my gear multiple times now LOL so I seem to end up spending more time gathering stuff.

Thorin

On and off, yes. I'm really hoping Overviewer will get set up again because I'm much more motivated to build stuff I can see on a big map.

I absolutely love gathering materials, feel free to post here when you need stuff, I always seem to have lots and am happy to share. It's a long, long way to my house, though, so I really should finish a nether transport system. Or we should put in portals again.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on September 21, 2019, 05:31:53 PM
On and off, yes. I'm really hoping Overviewer will get set up again because I'm much more motivated to build stuff I can see on a big map.

I absolutely love gathering materials, feel free to post here when you need stuff, I always seem to have lots and am happy to share. It's a long, long way to my house, though, so I really should finish a nether transport system. Or we should put in portals again.

The sorting factory has expanded into a growing villager trading hall on the 2nd floor now.

Try building out the ice boat system it is quite fast depending how far out you are.

Lazybones

Villagers are not able to bread with mobgreifing disabled, could we try using this data pack instead?

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/customization/disable-hostile-grief-data-pack

Also the one person sleeping data pack has not worked since the server was last updated, I am not sure if it needs to be replaced or not.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 21, 2019, 10:22:16 PM
Villagers are not able to bread with mobgreifing disabled, could we try using this data pack instead?

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/customization/disable-hostile-grief-data-pack

Also the one person sleeping data pack has not worked since the server was last updated, I am not sure if it needs to be replaced or not.

Yeah, I never bothered to update the data packs. If I'm un-able to do much actual work in the near future cause of the cold Xander so graciously gave me, I'll work on that and overviewer.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on September 23, 2019, 10:11:49 AM
Yeah, I never bothered to update the data packs. If I'm un-able to do much actual work in the near future cause of the cold Xander so graciously gave me, I'll work on that and overviewer.

Haven't looked into it fully but I could potentially host the server now as well, I have a dedicated server with a decent CPU running outside my NAS.

Curious what the current needs are for the server, how many vCPUs, RAM, JavaRAM allocated and the size of the world files are.

Lazybones

found a decent overviewer docker with the latest updates mide/minecraft-overviewer

Tested it out on my home 1.14.x server and it worked..

Thorin

Maybe it's time for Tom to pass you the world files and let you run the server. I think you have a little more spare time to spend on it these days, or at least more energy for it.

I know I wouldn't have the energy to keep a server running.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

The biggest issue for me before would have been the hardware (not enough server power). Shrunk all my stuff down to my NAS a few years ago and only recently added a NUC back with a faster CPU.

As for time, that is highly variable but I do have an interest in it being up as I play on it on and off.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 29, 2019, 11:33:36 AM
The biggest issue for me before would have been the hardware (not enough server power). Shrunk all my stuff down to my NAS a few years ago and only recently added a NUC back with a faster CPU.

As for time, that is highly variable but I do have an interest in it being up as I play on it on and off.
How beefy is this nuc? The server can be a bit cpu and io heavy on occasion.

I'm ok with handing it off. I just don't have the energy for it anymore.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on September 30, 2019, 08:03:34 AM

If we want to do a graceful transition I could give you SFTP access to my NAS, if you start sending me world backups I can build a mirror that we can test on to see how well it works. Or the other way arround I could pull from you.

The NUC has a high end SSD in it a 7th gen i5 and a decent amount of ram..

I would be interested in knowing what your java Memory settings are etc.

Melbosa

If you are worried about the hardware I also have a fully functional server at my home that runs a pair of HyperV hosts that could host as well.  I would not have the time to setup and maintain, but hosting I can do no problem.  I can provide remote access through TeamViewer or SSH depending on what your needs are.  Attached are the specs from CPU-Z, and they are dual CPU.  Again I have two of these hosts, with SSDs and Spindle Drives.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 30, 2019, 10:04:50 AM
Quote from: Tom on September 30, 2019, 08:03:34 AM

If we want to do a graceful transition I could give you SFTP access to my NAS, if you start sending me world backups I can build a mirror that we can test on to see how well it works. Or the other way arround I could pull from you.

The NUC has a high end SSD in it a 7th gen i5 and a decent amount of ram..

I would be interested in knowing what your java Memory settings are etc.

java cli options: -Xmx4096M -Xms1024M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts ...

Sometimes it needs a bunch of ram and cpu, but currently the vm is only using 2GB ram, and cpu use is really low. The more people you have on there, the worse it is.

I gave the VM 8GB ram and 6 threads/cores. Not sure it needs that, but it doesn't hurt.

I can fire off a backup whenever you like. integrating an auto scp would be possible...

Lazybones

Sent you SFTP info to your gmail account.