Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 30, 2019, 11:57:28 AM
Sent you SFTP info to your gmail account.
Got both emails. I'll work on it 'soon'. Grog heavy this morning, and i have a dentist appt later today. Sigh.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

I understand, if I start getting snapshots of the world it should be easy to do a graceful swap and to do a bunch of testing without needing any more input.

There are a few things we will need to coordinate however such as possibly repointing your dns record for the server to a cname I control, Shutting down your version and maybe putting in a MOTD to remind players to change to the new dns name in the future I can do that after the fact however.

It looks like Minecraft 1.15 will be a significant release. I hope the overviewer team keeps pace.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on October 01, 2019, 10:07:08 AM
Got both emails. I'll work on it 'soon'. Grog heavy this morning, and i have a dentist appt later today. Sigh.

Not to pester but if you are able to at least send me one backup dump I can setup some testing to confirm I can adaquatly host the server. If it works we can just coordinate a time to do another one time backup and formally move things.

I am a bit under the weather but weekends are the best time for me to work on something like this.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on October 05, 2019, 11:26:19 AM
Quote from: Tom on October 01, 2019, 10:07:08 AM

Not to pester but if you are able to at least send me one backup dump I can setup some testing to confirm I can adaquatly host the server. If it works we can just coordinate a time to do another one time backup and formally move things.

I am a bit under the weather but weekends are the best time for me to work on something like this.
I'm also not super hot, and my nas decided to take a dump. Took most of yesterday to get the nas rebuilt and now its not booting.. much fun. I'll see if I can just take an image of the active dir...

Tom

Tried scping, and first it decided to not want to take a password, I forced it... then it wont connect at all? times out..

using port 22 lets me connect, but it fails with not allowing password authentication. 2222 just times out.

Uploading via http for now.

Tom

Lazybones

Try SFTP via 2222 again, it looks like one of the firewall rules reset and it was blocked.

How big is the upload?

Thorin

What about just making it a private RW torrent? That'd be fault-tolerant...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on October 06, 2019, 09:46:05 AM

SFTP should be easier to repeat if we are going to do some testing before doing a final cut over and repeating the upload.

I just so rarely setup direct users I think I missed the fact port 2222 had been blocked..

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on October 06, 2019, 09:51:01 AM
Quote from: Thorin on October 06, 2019, 09:46:05 AM

SFTP should be easier to repeat if we are going to do some testing before doing a final cut over and repeating the upload.

I just so rarely setup direct users I think I missed the fact port 2222 had been blocked..
Doesn't seem to be working.

Lazybones

I checked the logs, are you directly connecting from an AWS IP?

Maybe we can just hop on the phone or skype to store this out?

I see you had several login failures which may have triggered the IP auto blacklist.

Never-mind I am an idiot.

I gave you the wrong host name. You where hitting my http proxy.

Tom

Now it's saying permission denied trying to copy. I've tried directly to /public and /public/minecraft after I created minecraft myself. I can make changes in the web interface but not through scp for some reason.

Lazybones

I have a testing mirror of the server up at rwmc.contentcubby.ca .

I am currently doing some basic tests, if you want to log in and test it should have all the same whitelist etc as the normal server.

Please note that at this time the world might be reset / overwritten / go offline as I am testing, however it would be nice to have some remote users test connectivity.

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

More testing needed, probably need to tweak the rendering settings.

Its a big world, this first test render is only about 30% complete.