Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Can you tell me what address/host-name you're using?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Tom

Tom

Also, try again. may have been some local firewall dns related config issues.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on February 06, 2018, 03:21:53 PM
Also, try again. may have been some local firewall dns related config issues.

FYI this is what is in public DNS

nslookup mc2.tomasu.org 8.8.8.8
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    tomasu.org
Address:  68.148.49.236
Aliases:  mc2.tomasu.org

Tom

thats the correct address. so it /should/ work.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on February 06, 2018, 03:51:10 PM

Doesn't match the info in the first post, but probably should not have the IP listed if you have a dynamic one.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on February 06, 2018, 03:52:58 PM
Quote from: Tom on February 06, 2018, 03:51:10 PM

Doesn't match the info in the first post, but probably should not have the IP listed if you have a dynamic one.
It only seems to change when I change MAC addresses.

Thorin

Tom, could you check if your server's online?  We can't connect to it at the moment.  I tried texting you, I don't know which is the more optimal way to get a hold of you these days...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on August 27, 2018, 02:37:31 PM
Tom, could you check if your server's online?  We can't connect to it at the moment.  I tried texting you, I don't know which is the more optimal way to get a hold of you these days...

Verified it's down RN
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 27, 2018, 02:37:31 PM
Mila generally has my phone these days. heh. I'm not sure what the best immediate way to get ahold of me is... later in the day might be fb messenger.

Looks like the vm locked up. Hrm. I just gave it a kick.

Tom

I'd like to appologize for that. My big opteron server box is a tad unstable. Most likely due to the actually broken cpu that is in it. Bought it used, with a crack in the pcb, and an entire memory channel is dead. So I bet something else is wrong. Used Opteron 6xxx chips are getting real cheap though, soon I might be able to afford a replacement. 16 core 6380s are like $120cad with shipping now.

Thorin

Thanks for kicking it, I was able to connect earlier and hope to play some after supper (supper happens later when camping).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Hey Tom, Mr. Analog and I will split the cost of a new chip for your server. We've been using your server for our minecraft fix for years, it's only fair we help pay for it a bit.

Figure out the chip you need and how much the total is with shipping, let us know and we'll send you the money. I can easily do $60ish to $70ish and so can Mr. A, so even if it's a little higher than $120 do it anyways.

You get a stable server with a fully-functioning CPU, we get a few more years of Planet Bob :)
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on August 29, 2018, 02:23:40 AM
Hey Tom, Mr. Analog and I will split the cost of a new chip for your server. We've been using your server for our minecraft fix for years, it's only fair we help pay for it a bit.

Figure out the chip you need and how much the total is with shipping, let us know and we'll send you the money. I can easily do $60ish to $70ish and so can Mr. A, so even if it's a little higher than $120 do it anyways.

You get a stable server with a fully-functioning CPU, we get a few more years of Planet Bob :)

Yup more than happy to chip in :)
By Grabthar's Hammer