Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Just checked in on the console, and it would appear I'm loading the box down too hard atm and mc is lagging a bit. I'll attempt to fix that in a bit.

Hmm, actually, I only saw one or two warnings from minecraft about lag, and one was before I was doing a big build I think? Not sure.. hrm. at any rate, I'll turn tweak it a bit regardless.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

FYI i am still seeing some fantom clicking or block roll back lag issues from time to time.

Also since the server came back up and my daughters joined it doesn't seem like anyone has been online.

They keep asking me if anyone else actually plays on there anymore.. LOL.

We are having fun however.

Thorin

What time of day / night are they usually on?  It is a quiet server because there aren't a lot of players, but we probably miss each other just because we're on at different times, too.  Like, I was on a few days ago continuing my obsessive mining, because I found it soothing.  I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next - I might go build something in the savannah I've made a portal to, and I think I should add some signage in the nether.

Glad to hear they're having fun.

Also, I think this is getting off-topic for the "Server Status" thread :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 20, 2018, 04:49:32 PM
FYI i am still seeing some fantom clicking or block roll back lag issues from time to time.
Hrm, I have tried to isolate it from things. Did you see any of it today or in the past day or so?

Lazybones

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 20, 2018, 05:41:16 PM
Last night
Hrm, it shouldn't have been doing anything last night I don't think. Unless you were on at like 12am. I'll have a closer look if you keep seeing it.

Lazybones

Between about 9-11:30PST so yes but I am fairly sure the block snap back was happening on and off the whole time.

Do you have background snapshots / backups happening?

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 20, 2018, 05:48:35 PM
Between about 9-11:30PST so yes but I am fairly sure the block snap back was happening on and off the whole time.

Do you have background snapshots / backups happening?
Hrm. Are you still getting regular console messages about backups? if not, just regular daily backups are happening of the map files around 5am.

Other VMs on the box might be stealing some IO and cpu, but there's so much of it available, that i find it odd. Like the disk sits on a 4xhdd in raid10 (far, so it performs like raid0), cached by an nvme drive set to take the majority of the io. So basically disk access for something like MC should be nvme speeds most of the time. It's got dedicated ram that can't be stolen, and it's been pinned to a single module on a single socket, with its memory being tied to that zone... sooo, I'm not sure what's up. Other vms COULD take up excess cpu time on those cores, but its unlikely since theres 28 other cores they could be using.

Lazybones

Haven't seen any console messages.. However since it is has only been my house hold online lately it could be my connection but minecraft shows a strong connection..

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on September 22, 2018, 10:57:17 PM
Haven't seen any console messages.. However since it is has only been my house hold online lately it could be my connection but minecraft shows a strong connection..
If theres no "server backing up" type messages then it's not backing up the map every X hours. I should re-enable that. I decommissioned my older xeon server and moved all backup duties to the NAS, and I swapped the quad core xeon into the NAS which previously only had a dual core i3. And I hadn't remembered to setup the regular hourly minecraft map backups yet. It IS taking dailies, so at least we won't lose everything if theres map corruption or the vm dies. but it won't be super up to date if lots of stuff happened in one day.

I'll have to install some resource monitoring software to see whats up. I'll also attempt to prioritize minecrafts access to cpu and io. Give it minimum and maximum guaranteed bandwidth so it can't be completely starved, but also not starve anything else.

Been meaning to set up more detailed resource monitoring anyhow. It'll be interesting to see how that opteron box handles things.

Lazybones

Datapack mods

Two suggestions.. I am testing these on my home server right now. just need to put them in the datapacks folder in the world folder on the server an run the reload command.. No client side changes need.

1 Player Sleep
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/1-13-datapack-1-player-sleep-4078421/

TreeCapitator (may need to unzip the folder since it isn't in the root of the zip)
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/treecapitator-datapack-1-13/

Lazybones

1.13.2 is out and apparently adds some substantial performance and stability fixes. It might be worth adding to the server.

1.14 is still a ways away with new game-play however.

Tom

I just learned they don't update the old json versions url anymore :( had to update the updater script. fun.

updated to 1.13.2

Lazybones

Villager breeding is more difficult and villager farming is disabled when mobGriefing is disabled.

I would like to suggest this datapack that only disables mobGriefing when in range of a creeper.

SB UnCreep DataPack
https://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/sb-uncreep/

There are some other datapacks that do things like this as well.

Lazybones

- Nether fortress located, blaze farm created
- Stronghold located, portal to the END is available (haven't touched the dragon yet.)

Might be interested in tackling the end dragon soon so we can explore the end cities and get all that sweat new stuff there.