Next Gen Console you're most likely to buy?

Started by Mr. Analog, June 17, 2013, 03:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What next gen console(s) will be in YOUR house?

Wii U
XBox One
Playstation 4
Not sure yet
NONE

Mr. Analog

Well with all the launches done, which console(s) tickle your fancy?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Tom

I honestly have no clue. If there's some interesting stuff out for one or the other I might... But unless MS fixes their @%&#, I wont likely get a XBone for any reason.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

I admit it. I have pre-ordered my XBox One.

I am also awaiting my Ouya.

I may or may not get a PS4... probably not at launch though.

Wii U... well I have you guys for that :P
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Hmm, we already have a Wii U, bought it for LEGO City: Undercover.  We've played Nintendoland on it as well, and I think one of the old Wii games has been played on it.  My 7yo has no problem using the dual screen system or holding the large controller.

We might end up with an XBone due to exclusive HALO, I've got a HALO player in the house.  He's hoping it'll come out on PC, though.  We'll probably keep the Wii U and the Xbox 360 until there's a compelling game that can't be played on either of those.  Given that we're not a family that watches all of the latest releases of games, this could take a while.

Pre-ordered?  Man, I never, ever, pre-order.  What if it takes as long as DNF to fulfill your pre-order?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

where's the vote choice "a used Wii complete with controllers and dozens of actually-fun-to-play GC/Wii games"?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

I think the answer to your question is in the title of this thread.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 17, 2013, 04:51:49 PM
where's the vote choice "a used Wii complete with controllers and dozens of actually-fun-to-play GC/Wii games"?

That would be the answer none.

Mr. Analog

Wii U has a Wii in it, so ??

It doesn't play GC games though THERE IS a GC controller adapter you can buy oddly enough.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on June 17, 2013, 04:25:29 PM
Pre-ordered?  Man, I never, ever, pre-order.  What if it takes as long as DNF to fulfill your pre-order?

I think I'll be safe with this one.

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 17, 2013, 06:07:16 PM
Wii U has a Wii in it, so ??

It doesn't play GC games though THERE IS a GC controller adapter you can buy oddly enough.

There were Wii games that you could play with a GameCube controller if I remember correctly. They were the ones that came out in the first year the Wii came out...

Still, the question posed in this survey was what next-gen console people were likely to buy and the Wii is definitely last-gen, so Lazybones is right, that would be the None option.

Quote from: Melbosa on June 17, 2013, 07:34:36 PM

Boy that would suck if you weren't, though, hey?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on June 17, 2013, 09:22:08 PM
Quote from: Melbosa on June 17, 2013, 07:34:36 PM

Boy that would suck if you weren't, though, hey?

LOL It sure would, but I don't think M$ is going under between now and XMas so should at least get my $$$ back.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on June 17, 2013, 05:26:36 PM
I think the answer to your question is in the title of this thread.

Sorry, mentally exhausting day = interpreted thread title as "Next Generic Console"  ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hmm, my mental exhaustion day is today.  I'm already tired and worn out, and the day has just started.  It's my own fault for staying up late researching towing numbers for the new vehicle I'm getting.

So a couple of people are on the fence, and someone is getting two consoles <looks at Melbosa>

I stand by what I said before: if there's a game that my family wants bad enough that is only available on one of the consoles, I'll get that console.  I'm not interested in all the new doo-dads the Xbone offers, I just care if it plays games (okay, I also care if it can play higher-bitrate video from a DLNA server without chopping, although the X360 could do that before applying the stupid media update where they artificially limited it).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer