HONEYDEWYEAHYEAHYEAH

Started by Tom, June 23, 2013, 06:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67jM8nO7Ag

HONEYDEWYEAHYEAHYEAH

This one is a bit hard to describe. Imagine yogscast as the masters of the universe.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on June 23, 2013, 06:25:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67jM8nO7Ag

HONEYDEWYEAHYEAHYEAH

This one is a bit hard to describe. Imagine yogscast as the masters of the universe.

Thought it was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGB5zZYH3ac when it started then I realized it was even MORE "special"

Tom

Yeah, lots more special :D though it sorta is that. :D

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Okay the Yogcast has The Most Conversational Fanboys EVER!

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=D67jM8nO7Ag
All Comments (34,508)
Views: 494,996

UPLOADED YESTERDAY.

Compare that 1:14 "Comment:View ratio" to ... ugh, I apologize for linking to it, but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4
867,699,850 views -- but only 9,299,682 comments (and PLENTY of those comments are from haters (ldo) ) = CVratio of 1:93 ! Beliebers? Nah, more like belamers!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

They are really good with keeping up with the fanbase, through twitter and tumblr and of course their own site with forums.

It's surprisingly really when you consider that they are basically the largest YouTube channel/affiliates in the UK.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It helps that they have over 2 million subscribers. and a lot of them are active. Where as that justin beiber thing is just a "topic".

Mr. Analog

So, it already has over 100,000 FAVOURITES

:wow:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on June 24, 2013, 01:30:22 PM
It helps that they have over 2 million subscribers. and a lot of them are active. Where as that justin beiber thing is just a "topic".

That was my point -- normally a "popular video" has a lot of folks essentially lurking, not even taking the time to say that it stinks. But with Yogscast it seems that an uncommonly large percentage of the viewers also see themselves as part of a community of fanboys, and that has turned into a feedback loop of inclusiveness as more folks realize that's part of the reason this producer of vids stands out among the rest.

Mr. Analog

Most of the Yogscast make it a really big point to listen to their audiences and actually respond, so even if a series isn't getting a lot of views/faves if there are people who are vocal enough in comments or other areas the video maker will listen to it and keep going.

The easiest thing for them to do is just make Minecraft videos (those always rack up the views) but some Yogs (like Sips) make it a point not to make that many Minecraft videos (probably for fear of getting typcast content).

It's actually quite interesting to watch them strike a balance.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I happen to like Sips's other videos. He's one of the few youtuber's I'll watch other games from. that and a couple guys called GenerikB and BdoubleO100.

Mr. Analog

I watch Sips, Sjin, BlueXephos and Nilesy daily, occasionally I'll tune into Lalna or Yogscast2, others are weekly (like Rythian).

As well I watch GameGrumps and _STAR on a regular basis.

YouTube series have basically replaced a lot of TV time...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 24, 2013, 02:09:54 PM
YouTube has essentially replaced 99% of my TV time. That's not even an over statement. The only TV I tend to get around to is The Daily Show and Colbert Report.

I have months of cop dramas to catch up on, and I really don't give a hoot anymore. Oh, forgot about Mythbusters, they just came back again, need to watch that too.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on June 24, 2013, 02:12:29 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 24, 2013, 02:09:54 PM
YouTube has essentially replaced 99% of my TV time. That's not even an over statement. The only TV I tend to get around to is The Daily Show and Colbert Report.

I have months of cop dramas to catch up on, and I really don't give a hoot anymore. Oh, forgot about Mythbusters, they just came back again, need to watch that too.

That was true for me too, until around November when I got a Roku and Netflix. Then it was virtually 80% Netflix, the remaining 20% evenly distro between on-demand via Telus OptikTV (which I'm about to cancel, after upping our 'net to the Turbo50 wheee) and of course the occasional Youtube clip or streaming site if it ain't on Netflix (like "classic" movies from pre-2000 that I want to watch with my kids, SRSLY netflix Y U NO HAVE SHAWSHANK!?)

Mr. Analog

I think the distinction is these are original YouTube shows vs television programming distributed over the internet.
By Grabthar's Hammer