Canada Post shooting itself

Started by Darren Dirt, December 11, 2013, 03:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2013, 08:34:17 AM
I really loathe UPS, FedEX and most of all DHL

A lot of times I have been home and received no call or notice or anything and watched the live update change from "recipient not home", a few years ago I had to drive out to the ONE pickup location in the city and wait while they tried to find a monitor I bought for over two hours.

At that time I was suffering heavily from anxiety and they didn't even have a chair for us to sit on. Private delivery firms are only good for corporate delivery, everything else is treated like a joke.

I will say UPS has gotten a bit better but I flat out will not deal with FedEx or DHL for delivery any more. If I get the option for delivery through regular mail I pick it even if it's slower.

Since my front door is up some steps, the MAIL ninja will often make the trip up the steps to put the notice on the door but not ring the door bell or knock louder than a mouse.  DHL at least, even with a final delivery notice lets you both pay any fees online and schedule an unsigned drop with directions on where to leave the package.

Tom

UPS was my favourite, till recently. They are apparently severely understaffed in edmonton at the moment. So they've been skipping my area for a couple days in a row before actually delivering. Kindof frustrating to see the tracking say "On truck for delivery" for two or three days straight.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Did you end up calling them??

I just found out my MemEx order is coming via UPS and not ground delivery (which is what I had selected and paid for)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2013, 09:55:24 AM
Did you end up calling them??
One of the times yeah. It really doesn't help. The people on the support line are like "Thats what the status is, and we can't do jack about it".

Mr. Analog

Good ol' UPS, service disruption for 3 days due to "weather" (yeah right) and I'm SURE that my name isn't on the shipping invoice so the driver will get here and not know what buzzer to press. So I'll get a yellow notice, have to sit on the phone for an hour+ tonight to wait to speak to some person in a call centre who hates their life about having the driver come back and buzz my apartment again tomorrow

ARGH!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Three days? That's pretty good, all our UPS deliveries have been over a week late. And on top of it, they have claimed they tried to deliver when they didn't (can see your (lack of) tire tracks in the snow dickheads.).
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Mr. Analog

2legit, there are people who wonder why I would care about home delivery stopping since other commercial services are "available"
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

From what the UPS driver here was saying, is that they are severly overloaded in edmonton. Short on drivers and space. The warehouse here supposedly  is supposed to handle 10k packages a day, and because of the blackfriday and cyber monday sales (and general christmas shopping) its spiked over 20k, and they were short on drivers before that... So my entire area has been skipped a few times.

Mags

Just got the FU from UPS. Items sent on the seventh are not going to arrive for Christmas. So PISSED. Asked if they could at least deliver it to an UPS Store so I could pick it up. NOPE, we have no idea where the package actually is sure. It's on the back of a truck in Edmonton, but we have no idea what truck or where on it, so we can't get it for you. So I asked them if there POS tracking system was designed by Upside?? How can they not know what truck something is even on nowadays? SO Fumming.

On the other side though Amazon has been pretty nice so far, sent out a replacement shipment next day delivery in the hopes that we will get it tomorrow. And promised to follow up with a call and see if it makes it. Guess they don't want it getting out that items you order several weeks before Christmas may or may not make it. See that hurting sales a tad!

Mr. Analog

Ug, that really sucks, I've had FedEx & DHL lose packages in their warehouses / sorting centres but never UPS

I'm glad Amazon is so understanding though, that's actually good service!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mags on December 23, 2013, 02:21:27 PM
Just got the FU from UPS. Items sent on the seventh are not going to arrive for Christmas. So PISSED. Asked if they could at least deliver it to an UPS Store so I could pick it up. NOPE, we have no idea where the package actually is sure. It's on the back of a truck in Edmonton, but we have no idea what truck or where on it, so we can't get it for you. So I asked them if there POS tracking system was designed by Upside?? How can they not know what truck something is even on nowadays? SO Fumming.

On the other side though Amazon has been pretty nice so far, sent out a replacement shipment next day delivery in the hopes that we will get it tomorrow. And promised to follow up with a call and see if it makes it. Guess they don't want it getting out that items you order several weeks before Christmas may or may not make it. See that hurting sales a tad!

Also heard next day deliveries via UPS will not make it. not even if they were sent a day or two ago. So good luck I guess?

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 23, 2013, 02:52:33 PM
Ug, that really sucks, I've had FedEx & DHL lose packages in their warehouses / sorting centres but never UPS

I'm glad Amazon is so understanding though, that's actually good service!
UPS is stupid swamped this year. warehouse is jammed (its processing double the packages it was designed for), and they don't have enough drivers. Not really an excuse for the really @%&#ty service. They could have at least managed to track things better, instead of leaving packages on trucks for days, and not updating anything (I had that happen, after the third day, it was marked as left at a ups facility, but then arrived the next day with no other updates.. weird, I did call them so maybe that lit a fire). The driver was a little surprised at what happened as well.

Mr. Analog

Mags! I found your package!!

huehuehuehuehuehue
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mags

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 23, 2013, 06:56:35 PM
Mags! I found your package!!

huehuehuehuehuehue

Thanks... grumble.. grumble... grumble....

Tom